Week 16: Texans @ Titans :: "Twas the night before Christmas"

VY-FTW

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Literally set like every franchise offensive record(one of the most efficient offenses in recent NFL history) under same head coach

"We're staring at another Mularkey/Robiskie situation"

Sometimes I wonder about this fan base's ability to see anything other than what has happened on this current day.

Even when we were setting records, most of us saw the pitfalls of the playing style a million miles away. I along with others have consistently said, until we mature the passing game we won't be able to win a championship. 
And it's with that, i am frustrated with this coach. 
It only allows us to win one way. And when that one way isn't there, its a complete struggle uphill carrying 2000lbs on our back.

We never were able to marry the styles together. Dominate defense, bad offense. Record setting offense, bad defense. Good offense, ok defense, terrible kicker. 

IF we could somehow start to play like a 2022 offense we might actually do something. Houston is the worst team in the league and they just beat us like we haven't played a snap of football before. Injuries yes.... but even with the injuries it could be argued that we were a better team than Houston. Yet they still managed to find a way with an poop offense. Why because they actually try to pass the ball down the field. 

If we are going to go ham on the GM that helped lead us out the dumps, we can go ham on the HC too. I loved Robinson and I love Vrabel. But his styles have also lead us to the issues we have today just as much as the GM decisions did too.

We could have Jerry Rice and Randy Moss on the edges and he'd still be afraid to try to play this way. 

Nobody gets a pass when you were 7-3 and leading the  division and you likely end up 7-10 to end the season. 

• Like 2

last note on this but it just absolutely melts my mind that instead of running an offense designed for malik, we ran our base offense with a handful of malik plays tossed in. the ravens provided a blueprint for how not to be stupid with a running QB who doesn't have the passing fundamentals down and we looked at it and said, "nah." in total i think we had maybe 6-8 plays combined between read options and RPO and i cannot recall a single one that wasn't successful. they had to have averaged something like 10 yards per play. and instead of running that until they adjusted to stop it, we ran a baby version of our offense with tannehill. nfl coaches are some of the most arrogant, inflexible people alive, man. i don't know how you draft a guy with willis' skillset and then decide this is how you're going to play him.

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

last note on this but it just absolutely melts my mind that instead of running an offense designed for malik, we ran our base offense with a handful of malik plays tossed in. the ravens provided a blueprint for how not to be stupid with a running QB who doesn't have the passing fundamentals down and we looked at it and said, "nah." in total i think we had maybe 6-8 plays combined between read options and RPO and i cannot recall a single one that wasn't successful. they had to have averaged something like 10 yards per play. and instead of running that until they adjusted to stop it, we ran a baby version of our offense with tannehill. nfl coaches are some of the most arrogant, inflexible people alive, man. i don't know how you draft a guy with willis' skillset and then decide this is how you're going to play him.

It really is incredible that the Texans can institute a mobile QB package for freaking Jeff Driskell in the middle of the season and Todd couldn’t add anything for Malik as the sole QB.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Downing and Vrabel. 

Vrabel said the calls go through him. He could stop this at anytime. 

Now Downing is terrible, but I'm not letting Vrabel escape from this. 

I have no faith right now in him to be able to field a modern offense. This is how he wants to play offense. 

And I will still point back to 2019 or whenever we were leading the NFL. It still was very elementary. Play action and slants. 2 man routes on 3rd and long. 
It's broken. It's easy to stop when you don't have a good OC and it's not complicated to stop when you do have a good OC. 

We won't get a great OC because all them go to be HC's. And when we do get a good one, we gonna lose them in a year or two. 

It's so frustrating to see the whole league manage to find a way to play modern football instead of us.  Nobody lines up to run it on 3rd and long except us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

It really is incredible that the Texans can institute a mobile QB package for freaking Jeff Driskell in the middle of the season and Todd couldn’t add anything for Malik as the sole QB.

i mean i just really have no idea how anyone watched the game today and took away anything at all about malik as a QB. maybe we'll see the film this week and it'll turn out that there were open receivers downfield all day that he was passing up, and then i'll call it a bad day, but it sure looked to me like we literally did not ask him to do anything but quick game, and he mostly just...did it. not great, not extremely poorly, just a QB throwing hitches under 10 yards all damn day. the literal one time we threw it downfield all day he tossed a strike to treylon that was promptly called back on a holding penalty. yeah, he hung onto the ball too long sometimes, he didn't see the underneath guy on the pick. i don't care about that, that's standard rookie QB stuff. beyond that there was just nothing to evaluate, period. you can take that as a statement about the coaching staff's lack of confidence in him, i guess, but the offensive coaches haven't exactly displayed a competent understanding of their personnel this year. i'll be interested to see if he looks worse and the playcalls look better on the all-22.

Man this game was so frustrating to see. Like if you look real hard theres a drive that we looked like a real football team and I was like ok ok here we go and NOPE.. My point is we need grab those plays in that drive and run them more. Also can we pls idc if its damn bubble screens get Treylon the ball man. All the kid does is make plays. Jet sweeps. Straight up go routes when he is one on one BOOM.. That will work man.

Stop throwing to NWI. Yeah I know we have wayyy bigger issues hahaha but dude has JAG on the back. Been bad the whole year and last year was my big issue. He got hidden behind everyone else being trash but I didn't forget him. Needed to be replaced with someone in the draft. Woods needed to replace Julio and AJ should be carrying this team cause you know what we've been missing ALL year? ( Outside a LT lmao). Is that man. Trading him has cost us at least 4 games if not more.. sorry ranted there but Im down bad rn. I miss the dude... Missing the ex bout send a "miss you" text lmaooo ayyy

That allll being said... Bring on the Jags idgaf I got a feeling

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

I wonder who we are going to sit out Thursday.

Hope it’s not Henry. I got my FF championship to win. Absolute bull**** if we decide to sit players. We’re on a 5 game losing streak. We have no momentum right now. Henry is playing behind a line he’s not too familiar with and that line isn’t changing week 18 against the Jags. So anybody worth a damn should be playing. They wanna sit the guys who’ve been dealing with injuries like Fulton, Cunningham, and Autry. Then so be it. But guys like Henry, Burks, Woods and honestly the whole offense needs to play. They haven’t done **** all year. What do they need a break for? 

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Hope it’s not Henry. I got my FF championship to win. Absolute bull**** if we decide to sit players. We’re on a 5 game losing streak. We have no momentum right now. Henry is playing behind a line he’s not too familiar with and that line isn’t changing week 18 against the Jags. So anybody worth a damn should be playing. They wanna sit the guys who’ve been dealing with injuries like Fulton, Cunningham, and Autry. Then so be it. But guys like Henry, Burks, Woods and honestly the whole offense needs to play. They haven’t done **** all year. What do they need a break for? 

I feel like Henry will say I ain't sitting. He seems healthy.

Burks would be nice to have out there to keep chemistry developing as he is a Rook. Especially if he we have to maybe have to go with Willis the final week. 

I could see Simmons being told to sit tho. As he is a little banged up. Having him healthiest as possible. Autry maybe. Hooker.