Week 16: Texans @ Titans :: "Twas the night before Christmas"

VY-FTW

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I said nothing about "it's all on the QB".

I said the QB is awful. And he is. That can be true while the rest of the offense sucks too.

Just now, -Hope- said:

like, ryan tannehill, a good NFL quarterback, can barely put up mediocre numbers in this offense. why are we surprised that malik willis, a guy basically everyone agreed wouldn't even be ready to play year 1 is looking bad? what were you guys expecting exactly?

Willis has to get more air under the ball.

I'm still not fully out on Willis. When Downing actually played to Willis' strengths, he looked fine. But he still doesnt look great. Not exactly a surprise considering he's a 3rd round rookie from freaking Liberty.

Edited by seminoles1

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Tannehill, who most would put in the like 12-16 range among QBs, playing on 1 leg for half the season, has a 7.8 ypa and like double the TDs to INTs.

That comparison doesn't help your argument. The offense is clearly awful around Tannehill just like it is Willis but  Tannehill is 100x the QB Willis is despite the injury.

Game was over after the 1st half. I knew we weren't going to be able to score more than 8 points. Have we done it all season?

Vrabel thinks his offense is fine tho.
As we saw, even an 1 win team can manage to score more than 7 points in a half. 
We can not. 

This is the worst offense we've seen in a long time in Nashville.

I can't think of a worst one. 

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Willis has to get more air under the ball.

I'm still not fully out on Willis. When Downing actually played to Willis' strengths, he looked fine. But he still doesnt look great. Not exactly a surprise considering he's a 3rd round rookie from freaking Liberty.

jared goff, trevor lawrence, josh allen, i don't even know how many more guys all looked approximately this bad year 1.  people have the memory of goldfish around here. i obviously don't think willis is any of those guys, but that's kind of the point- he's a 3rd round pick from a crappy school who wasn't even supposed to play this year. and we're acting like his career is over every time he shows a lack of situational awareness or misses an underneath defender?

if we for some reason have a shot at a better QB prospect, of course we should take it. but we're not likely to, and if we can give willis an actual chance with a better OC and supporting cast next year, i see no reason not to give it a go. dude was dead before he even took the field today.