GDT - Week 16 - The Bengals come to town.

Iron_man

5nd3vLE.jpg

This week the Bengals with Joe Burrows come into town to do battle with Mac Jones and the Patriots. After that raiders debacle, I'd understand if any of you are pessimistic about the team. I hope however, like me, you feel the team is good enough to have won our close games if it wasn't for a few bad decisions/errors. I feel our coaching in several areas is holding us back from being a better team. I know our offensive line is still a mess making Mac have to move more or get the ball out faster. All that being said, I feel like we can win almost any game we have left but it comes down to coaching.
The Bengals aren't unbeatable. They've lost to several teams that we beat. In there last loss, which was to to the Browns. Joe was flustered by the Browns pass rush and made mistakes. If our pass rush can get there I can see us keeping up with and possibly beating the Bengals. In that win for the Browns they got 5 sacks and one interception. I'm not saying that we have their pass rush but I feel like we can get home for a few sacks. The Browns offensive ran all over the Bengals. Harris, Stevenson, and Strong Jr are gonna have to have a good game to get the win. I hope Fat Matt has a game plan but considering how bad he's looked learning on the job, I don't know if he does.

Who scores first? Do you believe Matt has a game plan? Which patriot gets the most receptions? Does the defense get a turnover?

Lets kick butt and Merry Christmas. If you don't celebrate it, then happy holidays.

1 hour ago, Iron_man said:

our coaching in several areas is holding us back from being a better team.

And it starts with BB.  He has gone down hill the day he got rid of TB. His lack of a plan at QB started this mess. Cam Newton, really!!!!  Than he got lucking and had Mac drop into his lap. Than what does he do with a young talent, he hires a complete joke for a OC and decide to change the offense as well, brilliant!!! 

Moving forward, and finding it's not working what does he do, screw with the young QB, makes (lack of)comments and his actions with the press causes tension in the locker room.  Hey BB who will be the QB this week "we will see " are you frigging kidding me.   Whats best for the team, really, I think it should be whats best for BB. He's lost the locker room and many fans.

Zappy plays over Mac this year, to end the season,  it's shows its all about BB. He is using Mac as a scapegoat. It has nothing to do with winning or for the future. He will be destroying a young QB and also the value he might have it they trade him.

Note do I think Mac play has been bad, yes, but this year is over. You gain absolutely nothing by making a change. Also IMO Zappy is not the future.

What best for the team!!!!   The best for the team was Kraft stepping in and telling BB that Groh will run the draft. Now its time for Robert to tell him fire his buddies or hit the bricks!!! Kraft , Billy Boy what best for the team might not be YOU!!!

1 hour ago, Iron_man said:

The Bengals aren't unbeatable.

This is true however the WR group will cause nightmares for the Pats.  The running game for the Pats will go out the window if we can't stop them. There is also a major concern in the locker room.  The last game most likely put a end to the season.  How can any offensive player or fans at this point have any confidence going forward with this offense. 

• Like 1

Hopefully Jack Jones is back, the depth at DB has fallen apart. These last three games I just want to see the young guys develop and those two corners look great. 

For the offense.. I'd say the most important thing is just getting Mac to look better.. give him some confidence going into the offseason. At least get a couple TD's these last few games and feeling good. 

Shut down Harris, poor guys constantly injured .. but we've got to see more from Strong/Harris. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Hopefully Jack Jones is back, the depth at DB has fallen apart. These last three games I just want to see the young guys develop and those two corners look great. 

For the offense.. I'd say the most important thing is just getting Mac to look better.. give him some confidence going into the offseason. At least get a couple TD's these last few games and feeling good. 

Shut down Harris, poor guys constantly injured .. but we've got to see more from Strong/Harris. 

Harris is a free agent heading into the year. Poor timing on his part but he's going to want to play bad I'd imagine. I also don't think he's going to get that good of a deal on the open market either- the class is pretty strong and he can't stay healthy. 

If he comes cheap, I wouldn't mind bringing him back (you can never have enough depth at RB) but I'm also excited about both Strong and Harris as complimentary pieces to Rhamondre. I kind of see Tevin Coleman (not the current version of TC) when I watch Strong run.

• Like 1

I agree on bringing back Harris. I think he is a locker room guy, they need veteran leadership on the offense. That and he appears to love Boston and Boston Sports. I could see his market being close to nothing in free agency then coming back and signing like a 3 year 8M deal or something

Defense has to win this game.. a Barmore/Judon/Uche game. Burrow is amazing but if you get enough pressure you can beat him. He has had multiple 2-3 int games this year because of it. 

Hold them to 20, 1 special teams TD, 1 defensive TD, and 1 Stevenson TD and I think they have a chance lol 

• Like 1

Losing Ted Karras is still such a perplexing situation. 3 years 18 million.. they offered him 15 then for some random reason lowered to 12 after the fact. Nuts, they could have spent their 1st round pick on a LT instead and been in a much better situation ( as much as I like Strange and wanted him in the 3rd round). 

I genuinely believe that you do not need a defense to stop this offense. The Bengals (or any other team) could just put 11 random offensive players in the game and MattyP would make sure that they will not score.

Edited by LD696