Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

Man I can’t wait to buy the blu ray of this season’s recap once we win it all.

From no interceptions at all in the first 12 weeks to like 20 in the final six game stretch, the Nixon return this game, the 10 point deficit against the Dolphins only to have 3 interceptions in the second half…

This secondary is coming together at just the right time.

7 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

This is fun. A video of Nixon's KO return taken by somebody in the stands with their phone.

Vow. The way he turn left to move vikings to left of field and then he has 2 options at midfield and he took right.

Had he taken left there, vikings should have chased him down.

Superb decesions by Nixon there. 

1 hour ago, Laces Out said:

Their super bowl was week 1, they've been riding that emotional high for this whole season, which is typical for a team that just climbed the highest mountain.

It always does come crashing down come January, very hard to repeat in this league. It was a good run Vikings, but daddies home now. To bed with ya.

This is ironic and funny given the reaction in here being such an emotional high for you guys.

Wasn't able to watch the game, but looking at the highlights and the state line is interesting. Pretty pedestrian passing game, but Rodgers still made some of the types of plays that only he can. Team won on the strength of the running game and defense. 

That's what it was supposed to look like all year long. 

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jefferson has displayed enough hand eye coordination ability for me to question the validity of that being accidental.

Dude should be suspended.

yeah... I can't buy into any argument that "he didn't see the ref there"

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

This is ironic and funny given the reaction in here being such an emotional high for you guys.

You’d have to understand the rivalry better. Vikings fans have literally called beating the Packers their Super Bowl for years, even when they where complete trash. Anyway, sorry it seems strange we’re riding high trying to thread the needle into the playoffs. Maybe if you were a Pack fan on a Packer blog it would make more sense. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

From no interceptions at all in the first 12 weeks to like 20 in the final six game stretch, the Nixon return this game, the 10 point deficit against the Dolphins only to have 3 interceptions in the second half…

you have found hope

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

Wasn't able to watch the game, but looking at the highlights and the state line is interesting. Pretty pedestrian passing game, but Rodgers still made some of the types of plays that only he can. Team won on the strength of the running game and defense. 

That's what it was supposed to look like all year long. 

Line played great with a few slips. Owned Z, kept the sticks moving and 12 clean for the most part. Tom came in for a dinged up Yosh at RT, and played well even though I guess a Yosh wasn’t too hurt. Interesting to watch how that is handled going forward. I still want 50 in at TE in a heavy set. 

6 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

you have found hope

You’ve got me confused with someone else. I’ve said for the past four weeks there’s always a chance, and last week I stated that if we came back and won from down 10 we were winning the Super Bowl.

11 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Did you watch the last 10 years of football? The emotional high, is that even when we suck, and the Vikings (exactly like the Bears in 2010, could bounce us, couldn't, and it will be truly magnificent when we beat them in the playoffs - because we are just better - always.) Like, you don't know how much Vikings fans wanted to win this game...

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Damn this guy figured it out.

Man, between paying the refs against the Lions, holding on every single play against the Bears, and watering the grass against Minnesota, the division has us all figured out.  Good think that the Illuminati's base is in Green Bay and the Pope, the Allamah, the Dalai Lama, and Steve Young's dad are also Packers fans, or we would never get away with this!

40 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Secondary to None

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Man, between paying the refs against the Lions, holding on every single play against the Bears, and watering the grass against Minnesota, the division has us all figured out.  Good think that the Illuminati's base is in Green Bay and the Pope, the Allamah, the Dalai Lama, and Steve Young's dad are also Packers fans, or we would never get away with this!

Pretty sure Romo got into that conspiracy gang bang, as well.