Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think that is heavy personnel. It looks to me (I can't actually see the players but based on size) like we have 3 WR's, 1 RB and a TE. 

Also, why the heck are those two wide in coverage when you have two inside linebackers who could have moved there. 

Looking at hair, skin tone, and numbers we can see I think that is (top to bottom) Watson/Deguara, Taylor, O LINE, Tonyan, Lazard, Jones.  And that personnel match-up might make a little more sense.  But that could be Doubs and not Taylor, and MN probably should have called time out.

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

Minnesota is the 3rd seed currently.   At least be accurate with things if you want reasonable discussion

Meant to write held the second seed for a long time. Still, current 3rd seed maintains my point. You’d think that wouldn’t cause you to miss the point, but I guess it isn’t the first time ;) 

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Meant to write held the second seed for a long time. Still, current 3rd seed maintains my point. You’d think that wouldn’t cause you to miss the point, but I guess it isn’t the first time ;) 

Wow ! Your still here .  In one of your posts long time ago you came here to have good discussion , its well past that now and your discussion has become redundant , time to say goodbye ! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

And calling DVOA a "cherry picked" stat. 

It is. I have never seen one area of the forum so obsessed with it. Telling for a team that has little else to go on with still being out of the playoffs with just one left to play. Meanwhile you convince yourselves that your team is better than the one who took care of business and had the playoffs pretty much on lock a long time ago. It’s ridiculous. 

12 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Imagine not believing in randomness

Imagine not knowing how randomness works. Imagine not knowing how to avoid having the laziest take ever. It’s sooo simple to say “theYrE jUsT lUcKy’ while ignoring literally everything that actually happened in their games. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Looking at hair, skin tone, and numbers we can see I think that is (top to bottom) Watson/Deguara, Taylor, O LINE, Tonyan, Lazard, Jones.  And that personnel match-up might make a little more sense.  But that could be Doubs and not Taylor, and MN probably should have called time out.

It is Doubs, not Taylor. Deguara was up top. The rest you've got though.

Edited by Zycho32
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Imagine not knowing how randomness works. Imagine not knowing how to avoid having the laziest take ever. It’s sooo simple to say “theYrE jUsT lUcKy’ while ignoring literally everything that actually happened in their games. 

If only there was a stat that took into all these factors on an individual play basis and create a ranking based on a play by play analysis of the game instead of more broad statistics. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

If only there was a stat that took into all these factors on an individual play basis and create a ranking based on a play by play analysis of the game instead of more broad statistics. 

If only it had anything to do with how these teams are sitting in the seedings at the end of the year. I’m sure the Packers would trade their DVOA ranking for the #3 seed. If only their fans could be so rational.

I think the Packers big win yesterday might have been heavily helped by ‘randomness’ and ‘luck’

See? I can do that, too. GB likely loses a matchup in Minnesota, just like they did in the first matchup. Too bad their DVOA ranking might not skate them into a playoff spot, though.

30 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

It is. I have never seen one area of the forum so obsessed with it. Telling for a team that has little else to go on with still being out of the playoffs with just one left to play. Meanwhile you convince yourselves that your team is better than the one who took care of business and had the playoffs pretty much on lock a long time ago. It’s ridiculous. 

You may have overstayed your welcome here so run along. You made enough of a fool of yourself. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

If only it had anything to do with how these teams are sitting in the seedings at the end of the year. I’m sure the Packers would trade their DVOA ranking for the #3 seed. If only their fans could be so rational.

No one is saying it changes past wins or seeds. It introduced context to the picture as a whole and is more used as a predictor of future results.