I really, really, really like Brock.

Championshiporbust

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It's gonna end up being Brock Purdy vs one of Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, or Josh Allen and the 49ers will win.

I'm not sure the niners win in the first round. I could definitely see the Packers win that game if they play. The niners will be favored, of course, but if you play that game ten times, I'd guess the Packers win at least 3-4 times

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure the niners win in the first round. I could definitely see the Packers win that game if they play. The niners will be favored, of course, but if you play that game ten times, I'd guess the Packers win at least 3-4 times

Your reverse jinx will not work. The 49ers will win and that's the end of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Your reverse jinx will not work. The 49ers will win and that's the end of it.

It's not a reverse jinx. It's a rookie QB in the playoffs and the 49ers have by far played the easiest schedule in the NFL (opponent winning percentage .414). 

The NFC is a bit of a mess. The eagles with Hurts are the best team and then the others are much more closely aligned. It doesn't mean that the Packers *will* win...I just don't think the 49ers are the beast that the recent run and record show them to be. They are a good team, I don't know that they are a great team or anything. 

• Like 1

If the niners get Seattle in round one, or even Detroit, I'd feel pretty good about them getting into the the NFC Championship game provided the first round goes chalk. Green Bay is more treacherous than either of those teams, imo. The defense, though it has struggled at times this year (particularly against the run, which is not what you want to do against the niners), is far more capable of playing at a high level than either of the others, and Goff has consistently struggled against the niners. The offensive line would have to really keep him clean in that one. The Seahawks offense has been clearly outmatched in 2 games this year against the niners. Rodgers, though he is throwing short far more than he has at any point in his career and that also feeds into the niners defensive strengths, is still Aaron Rodgers. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

If the niners get Seattle in round one, or even Detroit, I'd feel pretty good about them getting into the the NFC Championship game provided the first round goes chalk. Green Bay is more treacherous than either of those teams, imo. The defense, though it has struggled at times this year (particularly against the run, which is not what you want to do against the niners), is far more capable of playing at a high level than either of the others, and Goff has consistently struggled against the niners. The offensive line would have to really keep him clean in that one. The Seahawks offense has been clearly outmatched in 2 games this year against the niners. Rodgers, though he is throwing short far more than he has at any point in his career and that also feeds into the niners defensive strengths, is still Aaron Rodgers. 

If GB makes it, I think winner of GB/SF likely first round matchup reps the NFC

• Like 1