I really, really, really like Brock.

Championshiporbust

Just now, Championshiporbust said:

A reverse mid-1990s. 

Karma? Ha. 

All things end up balancing each other out. One team destroys one for 20 years, and then the complete opposite. 

Like flipping a coin… heads might take a huge lead randomly, but flip that guy trillions of times, tails will catch up, and it will be 50/50 each time you do the experiment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Packers will make a run to make the playoffs just to lose to San Francisco. It’s like gravity. 

And the 49ers will ultimately just lose in heartbreaking fashion in the SB or NFCCG.. another great roster all for not

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

And the 49ers will ultimately just lose in heartbreaking fashion in the SB or NFCCG.. another great roster all for not

Unfortunately this might be the case… I think the Eagles aren’t as good as advertised, and the 49ers might be the best “playoff” team in the NFC. Elite defense, electrifying offense, great coaching. But I think the Bills, Bengals, Chiefs all beat San Francisco… the QB gap is to large to win that high stakes game. Same thing with Jimmy G vs the Chiefs. 

49ers with a better QB (Top 10) win the Super Bowl in 2012, 2019, CGG in 2021, and probably the Super Bowl this year. It is their biggest problem by far. I love Purdy but I don’t think he’s the long term answer. I think a developing Lance still might be the guy that becomes a superstar for them though. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Unfortunately this might be the case… I think the Eagles aren’t as good as advertised, and the 49ers might be the best “playoff” team in the NFC. Elite defense, electrifying offense, great coaching. But I think the Bills, Bengals, Chiefs all beat San Francisco… the QB gap is to large to win that high stakes game. Same thing with Jimmy G vs the Chiefs. 

49ers with a better QB (Top 10) win the Super Bowl in 2012, 2019, CGG in 2021, and probably the Super Bowl this year. It is their biggest problem by far. I love Purdy but I don’t think he’s the long term answer. I think a developing Lance still might be the guy that becomes a superstar for them though. 

Shanahan is supposed to be a quarterback genius, he coached RGIII and Matt Ryan, etc. 

Lance, Jimmy G. and Brock Purdy. 

Shanahan, Lynch and Griese has to decide who is the right QB to fill Montana and Young's shoes or else Rodgers and Brady and Matty Ice could come in.....

Just now, Championshiporbust said:

Shanahan is supposed to be a quarterback genius, he coached RGIII and Matt Ryan, etc. 

Lance, Jimmy G. and Brock Purdy. 

Shanahan, Lynch and Griese has to decide who is the right QB to fill Montana and Young's shoes or else Rodgers and Brady and Matty Ice could come in.....

Rodgers to SF would be interesting. 

I think Brady is regressing though. Still capable of legendary games, but streaky. 

49ers should have went after Brady with everything they had in 2020. He was a clear massive upgrade… stupid decision to just stick with Jimmy. 

27 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Is there any possibility that he can win RoTY. Let’s say he throws for another 4 TDs and 600 yards and wins both games

I think he'll find himself in the "others receiving votes" category. Really hard to give him the award when he only has played 6 games. Garrett Wilson is going to end up with 1100 yards for the Jets in a pretty terrible QB situation. 

Chris Olave will also likely hit something similar if he comes back and plays the final two games. 

• Like 2