MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

6 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

If you beat the Ravens this week don't you secure HFA? I thought the coin flip was only if the Ravens beat the Bengals then it goes to a coin flip. But regardless I get what you're saying and I wish they would've split the two amendments they made. I even like the ones below better.

If any of the two teams between KC/Buff/Cincy meet in the AFCCG it is on a neutral field. As well as the Ravens don't have a chance to host a playoff game in round 1, that goes to cincy. 

I mean does it really matter though? the Bengals are going to destroy the Ravens this week after how they've looked lately + this new chip on their shoulder. Vegas has the line at -10 and I'd probably take it at -13.5 lol. Isn't Lamar not even playing? I'm not trying to diminish your worries/frustration but I don't think you have anything to be worried about this week and will be the 3 seed/ AFC North winners and hosting the Ravens in postseason week 1. 

Neutral field is only for KC/Buffalo or KC/Cincinnati to my understanding 

31 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Bills are a soft winner after losing the 1 seed and bye?! They were the 1 seed heading into week 17 and the SB favorite, now are no longer either. I'd say neutral if anything. But I give up on arguing this topic so we'll agree to disagree lol. 

Bills are a soft winner because rules got changed to potentially not have them travel to a higher seeded team's home stadium. The rule was clear and the league just voted to change it in Buffalo's favor. So yes, soft winner.

• Like 1

This basically comes down to the NFL’s typical problem of being reactionary and inconsistent. 

They had a written protocol for this type of situation, but they didn’t like the optics of it here in this scenario. So they tossed it and put their thumb on the scale so that the brunt of the damage could go on one team that they weren’t going to get as much heat for 

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Bills are a soft winner because rules got changed to potentially not have them travel to a higher seeded team's home stadium. The rule was clear and the league just voted to change it in Buffalo's favor. So yes, soft winner.

Well that is for Cincinnati also. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Bills are a soft winner because rules got changed to potentially not have them travel to a higher seeded team's home stadium. The rule was clear and the league just voted to potentially change it in Buffalo and Cincy favor. 

Just added a few words because it feels like people are forgetting the Bengals wouldn't travel to KC either if they beat Baltimore this week.

Edit: *Chiefs would also have to lose to LV

• Like 1

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Just added a few words because it feels like people are forgetting the Bengals wouldn't travel to KC either if they beat Baltimore this week.

No, but the Bengals are potentially getting all the negatives of being a division winner without the positives. The issue is that the NFL has a rule in place for games being cancelled. Instead of following their own rule, they are changing it on the fly. That hurts the integrity of the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Hard to see how Buffalo is a winner in any of this between Hamlin and losing the 1 seed/bye but I guess technically a soft winner in regards to the situation. And the only reason they'd have to "travel to a higher seeded team's home" is because they weren't able to play as many games as the Chiefs did. 

Regardless, the Bills and Bengals are going to roll this weekend and everything will be close to normal. Chiefs 1 seed and bye, Bills 2 seed, Bengals 3 seed. With them most likely seeing each other in round 2.