MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

3 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Damar was awake at some point. Then was sedated.

yeah, he's going to be "sedated," which means kept in a coma for 2-3 days, presumably.

the good news is that his heartbeat was restored on the field, so his brain got oxygenated blood pumped to it early on.

• Like 4

Just now, vike daddy said:

yeah, he's going to be "sedated," which means kept in a coma for 2-3 days, presumably.

the good news is that his heartbeat was restored on the field, so his brain got oxygenated blood pumped to it early on.

Yeah, just how long he was without oxygen is going to determine his recovery time. Unfortunately, he's not going to out of the woods anytime soon. I continue to pray for this young man. 😢

• Like 3

Just wanted to share that he wasn't completely out from start to finish, as per his representative. Whether or not he was alert is a different question entirely. And of course, the potential brain injury from hypoxia. Which has not been confirmed, I should clarify.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh
  • Like 3

Just now, vike daddy said:

how many minutes was it from the time of his collpase to him being put on a stretcher?

anyone have that figured out?

Went down at 855 eastern time. Was in the ambulance at 925 eastern time. Not sure when he was put on a stretcher but 30 minutes from time of collapse to when he left the field in the ambulance. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

how many minutes was it from the time of his collapse to him being put on a stretcher?

anyone have that figured out

I removed my incorrect info to try and curb bad info from being spread

Edited by drew39k
Incorrect information by me.

Just now, Calamity_Cometh said:

Hard to say when chest compressions began from the point of the home viewer. He was completely walled off by his teammates and staff.

chest compressions would have begun very quickly, by the team medical staffs that rushed out there. they would have assessed quickly they were required. maybe 90 seconds after collapsing.

2 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Went down at 855 eastern time. Was in the ambulance at 925 eastern time. Not sure when he was put on a stretcher but 30 minutes from time of collapse to when he left the field in the ambulance. 

once he was on a stretcher that means he was stabilized (his heart was beating; a medic was bagging oxygen in to him or using a cannula and a tank) and ready for transport. probably even before that time, if we're counting minutes, and we are.

given that he got compressions so quickly, and then oxygen on the field, his outlook is probably pretty good.

you collapse with yout heart not beating which means no oxygen transfer to the brain, and no compressions going on, you have about 3-10 minutes before you'll suffer irreversible harm.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Just wanted to share that he wasn't completely out from start to finish, as per his representative. Whether or not he was alert is a different question entirely. And of course, the potential brain injury from hypoxia. Which has not been confirmed, I should clarify.

This is excellent, excellent news.

• Like 1