Week 17: Miami Dolphins (8-7) @ New England Patriots (7-8)

TheKillerNacho

Week 17: MIA @ NE  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New England Patriots
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Teddy Bridgewater
    • Mac Jones
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Jeff Wilson Jr.
    • Alec Ingold
    • Damien Harris
    • Rhamondre Stevenson
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Trent Sherfield
    • DeVante Parker
    • Nelson Agholor
    • Jakobi Meyers
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Hunter Henry
    • Jonnu Smith
    • Jason Sanders
    • Nick Folk
    • Dolphins DST
    • Patriots DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2023 at 06:50 PM

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

No surprise, but Tua has now officially been ruled out. I expect this game to be a defensive struggle, honestly. Both of these teams are backpedaling hard, but someone has to win (probably).

The only thing that gives me a little optimism about the offense under Teddy, is that the Pats are banged up as badly at the CB as we are.  Should be able to get some guys open.

Guys the last few weeks I am getting the same feeling I used to have when Gase was coach, there is no fire in this team they never out muscle a team stupid mistake kills most good plays. I am really starting to question Mcdaniels coaching ability at this point. Under Flores this team was almost always the least talented team on the field, but they played with fire and heart, and I just have not seen that this year. Such a Gase like coached team the last several weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

How does the coaching staff or someone not call the timeout with Meyers uncovered at the goal line. This defense is embarrassing. Forget about them even thinking about generating a turnover. Our kicker is hot garbage too. This season is over. 

I agree and the worse part is that if we had all of our Defensive Starters healthy it would still be a garbage Defense.  It’s clearly a poor Defensive scheme.  A lot of us were afraid of how bad this Defense would be under Boyer with Flores gone.  We drastically need a viable DC upgrade.

• Like 1

This loss isn't much of a gut punch as i pretty much gave up on the season when Tua went into the protocol. Even if we were to make the playoffs it feels like it would just be another opportunity for a disappointing prime time game.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I agree and the worse part is that if we had all of our Defensive Starters healthy it would still be a garbage Defense.  It’s clearly a poor Defensive scheme.  A lot of us were afraid of how bad this Defense would be under Boyer with Flores gone.  We drastically need a viable DC upgrade.

I mean, at the same time, we have literally no player who was supposed to be a starter in the secondary left for the majority of this game.

Pick 6 and missed FG killed us. What are we - 9 turn over differential this season. Should be more but Mostert's fumble wasn't called. 

I know fans say this all the time but if Miami gets rid of McDaniel this off season in some hair brained scheme to lure Brady and and Sean Peyton, then I will be done with this franchise. 

20 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Too many critical injuries. Too many missed opportunities. Very reminiscent of our season as a whole.

Very disappointed, but not surprised.

Yep.  As soon as I saw that Chubb/Armstead/Howard were all sitting, in addition to Tua, my expectations for yesterday plummeted.  

Yet they still had a very legit chance in that game until Teddy threw the pick 6, and then subsequently got hurt himself.  But this is what happens when you have a roster packed with guys that are impact players with bad injury histories.