GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs Derrick Henry (EZ Dub Edt. -- Yes I said it)

NoFlyZone

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

What you perceive as negativity is just realism.  I’ve been watching football long enough to know that this team is not built for playoff football.  We turn the ball over way too much and we can’t stop the run.  Those are the two must important aspects of playoff football.  It’s the same way I knew last year that we were going to lose to SF.  

I know this is going to hurt people’s e-feelings because it’s been a fun regular season mixed in with a few brain fart games. Our postseason success will be 100% dependent on limiting Dak’s ability to lose games by establishing the run and it the defense can’t stop the run, they better force lots of turnovers.

It’s just an agenda of goal post moving and double standards where there will always be something to bemoan. You don’t think other contenders have shown their moments/ areas of weakness as well? KC? Cinci? Bills? If anything the team that has really been outstanding lately has been the Niners… but in general every team has had their moments of not being exactly perfect. There is no reason to think this team has all that much less of a shot than anyone really.. though right now the Niners probably are the strongest team because of that defense. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

58 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

It’s just an agenda of goal post moving and double standards where there will always be something to bemoan. You don’t think other contenders have shown their moments/ areas of weakness as well? KC? Cinci? Bills? If anything the team that has really been outstanding lately has been the Niners… but in general every team has had their moments of not being exactly perfect. There is no reason to think this team has all that much less of a shot than anyone really.. though right now the Niners probably are the strongest team because of that defense. 

It’s not really goal post moving… Dak has played 5 less games than the QBs of all those teams but has managed to throw more ints.  Not all flaws are created equally.  Dak just has to be really adept at throwing picks which is the worst thing a team can do in the playoffs.

28 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

It’s not really goal post moving… Dak has played 5 less games than the QBs of all those teams but has managed to throw more ints.  Not all flaws are created equally.  Dak just has to be really adept at throwing picks which is the worst thing a team can do in the playoffs.

And a large chunk of those picks have not been his fault. Historically this hasn’t really been a problem. 

How do you feel about Josh Allen and the Bills? Do you feel that he is holding that team back with his turnovers?

Funny how Stafford was lauded around these parts last year even when he lead the league in interceptions. Seems like we’re very selective in what we choose to zero in on vs ignore.

As long as we are in the playoffs we have a shot. I saw the Giants win a SB at 10-6 losing 2 of their last 3. The Bengals were 10-7 last year and lost week 18.

Does Dak look perfect? No. Do the RBs or WRs? No. The OL is held together by scotch tape. Is the defense healthy and strong? Far from it. Do we have a chance to win the Super Bowl? You bet your *** we do. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

We have to have the most negative fanbase in sports. The team is 12-4. You could swear the team is 4-12 by the way the fanbase acts… especially on the forum. The negativity is super irrational. Why do you people watch and support the team if you’re so miserable about it? You know you aren’t obligated, right?

Jets fan base far more negative. As a Cowboys fan for over 40 years expectations are higher then most other franchises. As far as not watching or rooting I don’t watch all the games anymore and I haven’t gone to a game in 10 years. I still have interest but not nearly as much as I used to. As far negative comments it’s my opinion on a forum  you don’t have to read them. Are the Cowboys having good season yes they are. Are they going to a super bowl this season I don’t see it. If you want to root and believe they will go right ahead. I used to break things in my house when I saw the Romo lead cowboys constantly choke in the playoffs now though it’s kind of the expectation I have of the Cowboys until proven otherwise. I have bought into to hype before no more. 

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

Jets fan base far more negative. As a Cowboys fan for over 40 years expectations are higher then most other franchises. As far as not watching or rooting I don’t watch all the games anymore and I haven’t gone to a game in 10 years. I still have interest but not nearly as much as I used to. As far negative comments it’s my opinion on a forum  you don’t have to read them. Are the Cowboys having good season yes they are. Are they going to a super bowl this season I don’t see it. If you want to root and believe they will go right ahead. I used to break things in my house when I saw the Romo lead cowboys constantly choke in the playoffs now though it’s kind of the expectation I have of the Cowboys until proven otherwise. I have bought into to hype before no more. 

This is where I am at.  Life during the fall and winter used to revolve around the Cowboys.  No more.  I'll watch games here and there.  I take this approach with every sport now. I do however enjoy this forum, for the most part, and still come on even though my participation and posts have declined.   Here's what I know about sports though.  As you are heading into the playoffs I think you want two things to be happening.  One you want to be healthy.  Two you want to be playing your best.  Fumbling, bumbling, and stumbling is not the way to enter the post season. The Cowboys are not healthy.  The OL and CB situation would concern me if I were an open minded fan.  I don't see that as a criticism it is more of an honest assessment of where the team is at right now.  That's not me being miserable.  I think of it as a realistic concern.

Can some of the criticism come on too strong here?  Absolutely.  It's an emotional game that will cause emotional spur of the moment reactions. I try my best to roll with it although I am not always successful.  What really makes me laugh though are the posters who constantly remind us of how they are right and are going to go back and dig up posts to show the rest of us how we were all wrong.  Keeping score like that is similar to what being married is like at times.  In fact it's at these moments when I finally realize my wife has joined the forum.  Who knew?  

Seriously if particular posters really punch your buttons I would suggest ignoring their posts or simply refuse to engage.  They will continue to feel as strong about their positions as you do.  Sometimes moving on and living to fight another day is the best course of action vs continually poking the bear and banging your head against the wall.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

As long as we are in the playoffs we have a shot. I saw the Giants win a SB at 10-6 losing 2 of their last 3. The Bengals were 10-7 last year and lost week 18.

Does Dak look perfect? No. Do the RBs or WRs? No. The OL is held together by scotch tape. Is the defense healthy and strong? Far from it. Do we have a chance to win the Super Bowl? You bet your *** we do. 

If the offense can run the ball effectively and limit turnovers this team can be a nightmare matchup for anyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northland said:

If the offense can run the ball effectively and limit turnovers this team can be a nightmare matchup for anyone.

Not too confident in the run game, where they avg less than 3 ypc 

‘guess we need to give some credit to the titans d 

‘’daks ball placement always comes to haunt him

take the last int for example, behind the receiver, easy for the d to intercept 

when he has to play the tough defenses, he doesn’t have the accuracy/placement imo 

Edited by 5x10

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Getting hot at the right time, that’s   all that really matters.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Not too confident in the run game, where they avg less than 3 ypc 

‘guess we need to give some credit to the titans d 

‘’daks ball placement always comes to haunt him

take the last int for example, behind the receiver, easy for the d to intercept 

when he has to play the tough defenses, he doesn’t have the accuracy/placement imo 

I don't disagree with anything you said.  I'm just trying to keep the glass half full until kickoff.

4 hours ago, cromagnum said:

Are they going to a super bowl this season I don’t see it. If you want to root and believe they will go right ahead. 

The Super Bowl favorites currently have a less than 1 in 4 chance of winning it. So you could say this about any team, and it would probably be true.

Our fan base has gotten to watch one of the most productive offenses in football and a defense that leads the league in forced turnovers, plus 12 wins in 16 tries, yet half this forum is Eeyore after every win.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The Super Bowl favorites currently have a less than 1 in 4 chance of winning it. So you could say this about any team, and it would probably be true.

Our fan base has gotten to watch one of the most productive offenses in football and a defense that leads the league in forced turnovers, plus 12 wins in 16 tries, yet half this forum is Eeyore after every win.

Exactly this.

3 hours ago, Northland said:

While I agree with that.  I think almost the opposite.  If this D can keep the other team under 40% 3rd down conversion rate.  Give up no more than 1 or 2 plays over 25 yards. Also;  The OL give up a pressure rate under 35% I would say we win every game.  And yes not loosing the turn over battle by more then 1 would be nice.  

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

12 wins in 16 tries, yet half this forum is Eeyore after every win.

It’s because of the schedule over the last month. Just winning against these teams was never going to be enough. We’ve been going into a bunch of games that a SB team should win. So struggling to win doesn’t feel great. The only game over the last 5 that wasn’t supposed to be a complete layup was the Jaguars game… and we lost. 

Do we really feel good about a win against the 4-10-1 Colts that was 2 point game in the 4th qt before it blew open? Yes Dak had a great GW drive against the Texans but they’re 2-12-1. Needing a GW drive against the Texans, sucked. Yes the Eagles are good, but they started Gardner Minshew. Barely beating them with their backup QB was more of an eye opener than a proud moment. Going into the 4th quarter up 17-13 over Josh Dobbs and the Titans JV BTeam didn’t really do it for me either. 

I think some fans simply recognize that teams like the Colts and Texans won’t be in the playoffs. The Eagles won’t be starting Gardner Minshew. Guys like Derek Henry, and Jeffery Simmons will play in playoff games. You’ll face more QBs like Trevor Lawrence in the playoffs. I think anyone who has high hopes for this team would look back on these last 5 games and come away a bit concerned. 

The Vikings have a good record too, but I guarantee you there are some fans that are concerned with the way they’ve been winning. There’s probably a gaggle of Vikings fans calling them ungrateful and boasting about their 12-3 record though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

It’s because of the schedule over the last month. Just winning against these teams was never going to be enough. We’ve been going into a bunch of games that a SB team should win. So struggling to win doesn’t feel great. The only game over the last 5 that wasn’t supposed to be a complete layup was the Jaguars game… and we lost. 

Do we really feel good about a win against the 4-10-1 Colts that was 2 point game in the 4th qt before it blew open? Yes Dak had a great GW drive against the Texans but they’re 2-12-1. Needing a GW drive against the Texans, sucked. Yes the Eagles are good, but they started Gardner Minshew. Barely beating them with their backup QB was more of an eye opener than a proud moment. Going into the 4th quarter up 17-13 over Josh Dobbs and the Titans JV BTeam didn’t really do it for me either. 

I think some fans simply recognize that teams like the Colts and Texans won’t be in the playoffs. The Eagles won’t be starting Gardner Minshew. Guys like Derek Henry, and Jeffery Simmons will play in playoff games. You’ll face more QBs like Trevor Lawrence in the playoffs. I think anyone who has high hopes for this team would look back on these last 5 games and come away a bit concerned. 

The Vikings have a good record too, but I guarantee you there are some fans that are concerned with the way they’ve been winning. There’s probably a gaggle of Vikings fans calling them ungrateful and boasting about their 12-3 record though.

Fine. I think it’s fair to critique some things about the team.

But if this season hasn’t been fun for you (royal you, I don’t think you specifically are a culprit of this), and you aren’t excited for the playoffs, well, I don’t know if football is a healthy thing for you. And there has been some abject whining for a season that has been in the 90+ percentile of what NFL fans get to experience.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 2