2023 QB

paraven

47 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

The haul for his eventual trade should be spectacular

A good example would be something like three 1sts + Maxx Crosby from the Raiders or three 1sts + Brian Burns from the Panthers as a starting point in negotiations.

Trading away a franchise QB can be crippling, so trading for a franchise QB should bear the same risk. 

49ers- Nick Bosa, Jets- Sauce Gardner, etc. You want a superstar at the most important position in football? Be prepared to give up picks and a superstar yourself MFers. 

26 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

A good example would be something like three 1sts + Maxx Crosby from the Raiders or three 1sts + Brian Burns from the Panthers as a starting point in negotiations.

Trading away a franchise QB can be crippling, so trading for a franchise QB should bear the same risk. 

49ers- Nick Bosa, Jets- Sauce Gardner, etc. You want a superstar at the most important position in football? Be prepared to give up picks and a superstar yourself MFers. 

Which is why I feel confident that we won’t trade Lamar. Coming off a borderline Grade 3 PCL strain, two season ending injuries back to back, and the fact that the league has seemed to never appreciate Lamar’s value to the same degree as some others… and I’m not sure they’re willing to provide this kind of offer.

So sure we gave Brown Jr away for slightly below value and sure we got a steal when giving away Hollywood Brown, Lamar’s last name is Jackson and not Brown… so unless he changes his last name to Brown, he’d better get ready for us in Ravens land to get a SB out of him. Best beliee dat!😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Coming off a borderline Grade 3 PCL strain, two season ending injuries back to back, and the fact that the league has seemed to never appreciate Lamar’s value to the same degree as some others… and I’m not sure they’re willing to provide this kind of offer.

Inclined to agree. People, maybe including Lamar, forget just how far he was falling in that draft. Even Ozzie wanted to wait until the 2nd Round to go for him, DeCosta forced the trade up to #32. I'd bet a shameful amount of teams had him as a HB or WR convert on their boards.

I think bottom feeder clubs like Atlanta or someone would still juice a lot for him, but ultimately I don't see us getting offered his worth after the injuries and now all this other media noise.

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 10:26 AM, RavensTillIDie said:

Damn you are terrible at evaluating quarterbacks....

Hooker is more likely to go undrafted than go in the 1st.

Dang this didnt age well.. Charles Davis has Hooker mocked to us at 22, im sure hes better at evaluating talent then RavenstillIdie on footsballsfuture is

7 hours ago, paraven said:

Dang this didnt age well.. Charles Davis has Hooker mocked to us at 22, im sure hes better at evaluating talent then RavenstillIdie on footsballsfuture is

lol

Still not a fan, for the same reasons as 3 months ago. Nothing has changed there on my end. Seeing a lot of draft pundits trying to hype him up as we get closer to the draft, and maybe there is something there, but I'm still inclined to believe we won't see him get drafted in the first round. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

lol

Still not a fan, for the same reasons as 3 months ago. Nothing has changed there on my end. Seeing a lot of draft pundits trying to hype him up as we get closer to the draft, and maybe there is something there, but I'm still inclined to believe we won't see him get drafted in the first round. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

Anyone who watched/listened to the Ravens pre draft presser should be able to infer they don't have any outside of the known 4 as potential first round QBs.

• Like 1

@paraven Bumping months old posts from other members to do "I told you so" stuff is against forum rules. If it wasn't, discourse across FF would devolve fairly quickly....

It would be better to quote one of your own old posts supporting the idea of Hooker as an early round QB option and then build off why you felt that way at the time and how you're happy draft pundits are high on him presently. 

Myself included, it would be probably be a good idea for all of us in here to establish a less... let's call it 'combative' vibe. 

Even before the Lamar situation football disagreements on here were getting a little too venomous. You can tell a lot of our previously active posters aren't super interested in participating or generating discussions anymore and a couple longtime members from the old forum have just straight up left. 

I'm sure a lot of that has to do with age/realities of life, I was in middle school when I lurked/joined the site 15+ years ago and got the feeling the majority of posters were a good bit older than me. So I'm sure things like kids, marriage, and work(the general increased responsibility that comes with age) have understandably lowered or eliminated FF on the priority list for veteran members- that's natural and reduces traffic/interaction in a way no one can or should try to control. What we can control though is the environment we foster for active and prospective members. 

There shouldn't be a football opinion or disagreement so bad that members become incapable of interacting in a healthy way, but that's somewhat of a norm now. An issue that's not exclusive to the Ravens' sub, but one that's been pretty harmful in terms of it's impact.

IDK. Just feels like the forum isn't in a great place in terms of engagement.

Is what it is though, onward and upward. Draft is 11 days away!!! 

• Like 3