2023 QB

paraven

47 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

The haul for his eventual trade should be spectacular

A good example would be something like three 1sts + Maxx Crosby from the Raiders or three 1sts + Brian Burns from the Panthers as a starting point in negotiations.

Trading away a franchise QB can be crippling, so trading for a franchise QB should bear the same risk. 

49ers- Nick Bosa, Jets- Sauce Gardner, etc. You want a superstar at the most important position in football? Be prepared to give up picks and a superstar yourself MFers. 

26 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

A good example would be something like three 1sts + Maxx Crosby from the Raiders or three 1sts + Brian Burns from the Panthers as a starting point in negotiations.

Trading away a franchise QB can be crippling, so trading for a franchise QB should bear the same risk. 

49ers- Nick Bosa, Jets- Sauce Gardner, etc. You want a superstar at the most important position in football? Be prepared to give up picks and a superstar yourself MFers. 

Which is why I feel confident that we won’t trade Lamar. Coming off a borderline Grade 3 PCL strain, two season ending injuries back to back, and the fact that the league has seemed to never appreciate Lamar’s value to the same degree as some others… and I’m not sure they’re willing to provide this kind of offer.

So sure we gave Brown Jr away for slightly below value and sure we got a steal when giving away Hollywood Brown, Lamar’s last name is Jackson and not Brown… so unless he changes his last name to Brown, he’d better get ready for us in Ravens land to get a SB out of him. Best beliee dat!😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Coming off a borderline Grade 3 PCL strain, two season ending injuries back to back, and the fact that the league has seemed to never appreciate Lamar’s value to the same degree as some others… and I’m not sure they’re willing to provide this kind of offer.

Inclined to agree. People, maybe including Lamar, forget just how far he was falling in that draft. Even Ozzie wanted to wait until the 2nd Round to go for him, DeCosta forced the trade up to #32. I'd bet a shameful amount of teams had him as a HB or WR convert on their boards.

I think bottom feeder clubs like Atlanta or someone would still juice a lot for him, but ultimately I don't see us getting offered his worth after the injuries and now all this other media noise.