2023 QB

paraven

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Man... I hope so. This whole season will feel like a waste to a degree if we don't get to see Lamar play in a playoff game.

I have no interest in "seeing what happens" with Huntley in the playoffs. I'll just be mad we didn't lose more games and tank.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:39 PM, Ray Reed said:

Yeah I'm not lol'ing at Harbaugh/the transparency of the quote, more so at the fact that Lamar seems to be "built different" (in that his body seems to heal pretty slow compared to expectations from things like bone bruises on his foot and PCL sprains for a world-class athlete and NFL player. Not to mention missing practice and games from being sick more than any player I can remember in recent memory). But if he's missing weeks on weeks during end of the season crunch time at age 25 in his athletic prime for these things, can't wait till he's 30 (if he's still here) dealing with injuries. Solid chance a calf contusion will take him out the last 8 weeks of the season in 2029.

Guy needs to drink some OJ or something. Idk. Maybe a solid multivitamin could do him some good 

Hopefully he’s back for playoffs as he’s our only shot at an upset

I think part of the Q with Lamar right now is also what level of health he's waiting on before getting on the field. If he's at ~90% next week, does he take the field because it's a damn playoff game or does he sit out because he's protecting himself financially? If the answer is the latter then he has definitively already played his last game as a Raven. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I think part of the Q with Lamar right now is also what level of health he's waiting on before getting on the field. If he's at ~90% next week, does he take the field because it's a damn playoff game or does he sit out because he's protecting himself financially? If the answer is the latter then he has definitively already played his last game as a Raven. 

Agreed.

Regardless of what happens with Jackson and his contract, the ravens need to invest a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB as a viable backup. Brown and Huntley are just not it. And given the fact that Lamar seems to be inury prone, a backup QB is a huge need. 

If this is the last time we see LJ8 in a Ravens uniform, what type of compensation are you looking for?

This is just too much for me. This can't be how the story comes to an end for LJ8 in Baltimore. This actually might be worse than when Flacco was traded. And as we all know, NOTHING could prepare me for that. 

40 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

If this is the last time we see LJ8 in a Ravens uniform, what type of compensation are you looking for?

This is just too much for me. This can't be how the story comes to an end for LJ8 in Baltimore. This actually might be worse than when Flacco was traded. And as we all know, NOTHING could prepare me for that. 

If this is indeed the end, someone needs to make an edit of his interview from draft night to say “they’re gonna get [1 playoff win in 5 years] outta me, believe that” to lighten the mood

Idk. I’m thinking about this fully guaranteed thing. It’s not the standard and we shouldn’t follow the lead of the Cleveland freaking Browns. But if we do it, it will become the standard. I mean we’ve seen the difference between with him and without him. If we give him the money and he gets hurt we’ll be screwed. If we don’t give him the money and he leaves we’ll be screwed. 

12 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Idk. I’m thinking about this fully guaranteed thing. It’s not the standard and we shouldn’t follow the lead of the Cleveland freaking Browns. But if we do it, it will become the standard. I mean we’ve seen the difference between with him and without him. If we give him the money and he gets hurt we’ll be screwed. If we don’t give him the money and he leaves we’ll be screwed. 

To be fair - this is an offense (both schematically and personnel wise) that was built entirely around the skillset of Lamar Jackson. Obviously when you have an offense built completely around what he does, and another player comes in and can’t do what he does (Huntley and Brown) within the framework of the offense, it’s going to look like crap.

If Lamar indeed does leave, the offense isn’t going to be built the same way and it won’t be run the same way. They’ll go get a QB and depending on that QBs traits they may go get more WRs, or draft pass blocking OL instead of maulers, etc. It all depends. But the offense looks bad when he isn’t in because it’s an offense built for him to run the option and throw to TEs because that’s what he showed to be very good at doing back in 2019, and other QBs who aren’t Lamar can’t run an offense like that in 2023 and succeed.

But we have pieces on offense that can translate to any system. Stanley, Andrews, Linderbaum, Zeitler, Likely, Bateman. I don’t think it will be as tragic looking offensively as everyone thinks. 

Edited by Ray Reed

15 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

3 firsts, or 2 firsts and either a replacement QB or enough capital to acquire a QB. (Similar to how Stafford went for 2 firsts and Goff). 

For instance, if we get 3 firsts and we're able to flip a first for Fields, that would work. 

• Like 1