BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I remember when Breese was the #1 overall recruit and people thought he'd be the next great interior terror. He was capable at Clemson, but you saw good and bad flashes. Pickle was right to say "high upside pick". He was a frustrating evaluation for me. I wanted to like him, I just couldn't...but I do get the allure.

14 minutes ago, rackcs said:

My understanding just based on reports I've read, a lot of people have sort of given him a pass for not taking that next step this year due to all of the personal issues he had going on, particularly in relation to his sister. 

And I will also say, I don't think the Clemson scheme does the DL any help in terms of helping them pop on top. It's a lot of dew yer job type stuff imo.

Just keep the looks to the freshman year :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't blame you being a UGA fan and all...I just don't have him that high simply because Parsons proved to be, at worst, an elite off ball LB even if he provided zero pass rush ability, whereas I think Smith is basically the guy you hope is a dominant EDGE rusher and if he's not, he has next to no value in the off ball capacity. JMHO

I mean I do have some reservations or I would have picked him at 2.3. But I love the potential 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Well despite everything I’m happy to get two high potential pass rushers. I feel there’s a significant drop off in upside after Smith. I think it’s a good bet one of them turns into a good player for me 

Smith is a boom bust guy. Certainly worth the dice roll