BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Throw a future first and really stand by your assessments.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

And there we have it.

The single most compelling reason to make a trade in the history of BDL.

Imagine the sheer mayhem of if/when I hit on both picks and trade a future first with a caveat that reads:

"Who cares, I can do more with a couple of 6th Round picks than my dude @Blue can do with a #1 pick."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I really want to draft somebody who is drafted by the Steelers. Almost did it last year but I missed on Pickens.

Probably for the best to avoid anyone on offense that Pittsburgh drafts so long as they have that make-shift offensive line with Kenny Pickett at quarterback.

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd like to add to this:

I have 2 guys left that I'd like to prove to the world that I know more than Blue on, so if you guys are willing to make a deal for friendly competition purposes and the "I told you so" factor, then please make a deal with us.

Are they Wisconsin players?

• Like 3

Just now, MWil23 said:

Probably for the best to avoid anyone on offense that Pittsburgh drafts so long as they have that make-shift offensive line with Kenny Pickett at quarterback.

Our offensive line was solid last year and only got better this offseason. The real thing dragging down our offense is Matt Canada.

OL last year was Dan Moore Jr., Kevin Dotson, Mason Cole, James Daniels, Chuks Okorafor

The right side of the line (Mason Cole to Okorafor) was good, Dotson was bad, and Moore was inconsistent. We replaced Dotson with Isaac Seumalo which is a nice upgrade and added Nate Herbig for interior depth. Really the only weak link at this point is Moore, who is an inconsistent second year mid-round pick. And we're probably going to go OT early this draft. I feel pretty good about the Steelers OL next year. No stars, but a rock solid unit.

22 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Our offensive line was solid last year and only got better this offseason. The real thing dragging down our offense is Matt Canada.

OL last year was Dan Moore Jr., Kevin Dotson, Mason Cole, James Daniels, Chuks Okorafor

The right side of the line (Mason Cole to Okorafor) was good, Dotson was bad, and Moore was inconsistent. We replaced Dotson with Isaac Seumalo which is a nice upgrade and added Nate Herbig for interior depth. Really the only weak link at this point is Moore, who is an inconsistent second year mid-round pick. And we're probably going to go OT early this draft. I feel pretty good about the Steelers OL next year. No stars, but a rock solid unit.

I'm gonna have to disagree here.  The tackles were both a hot mess in my opinion.  Cole and Daniels were both slightly above average and Dotson was the definition of meh

Just now, Blue said:

Meanwhile, let the record show @MWil23's unappreciated GM has been on the phones all draft trying to pick up additional late round selections for him and failing because RedGold needs to go on Hoarders.

If only there was an immediate pick right after that was available for trade. Alas, we'll never know.

• Like 2