BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

Camden Trade Block. Future assets or even current for some guys despite the draft about to end.

KJ Hamler ($1,250/1)

Lucas Niang ($510/1)

Cesar Ruiz ($2,040/1)

Bradley Bozeman ($3,100/3)

Elerson Smith ($890/2)

A'Shawn Robinson ($4,250/2)

Nicholas Morrow ($1,500/1)

Jeff Okudah ($5,755/1)

CJ Henderson ($4,025/1)

Nico Collins ($445/1)

Carl Granderson ($501/1)

CJ Stroud – After a little early waffling between him and Bryce, we made this choice early.  I love his accuracy, release, footwork, poise, etc.  And that Georgia game…wow. 

Devon Witherspoon – Our dream choice here, BPA meets biggest team need.

Deonte Banks – We were all ready to take Myles Murphy and he got sniped two picks before us, so we went with another oily-hipped CB we really liked.  Getting sniped was a theme for us all draft.

Darnell Washington – Did not expect him to make it to us.  I love him and his game and the 2 TE set with him and Goedert will be so much fun.

Mazi Smith – Had we not traded 33 overall, we would have taken Mazi there, so we were really happy to land him at 43.

DJ Turner – We would have taken McDonald at 43 if Mazi had gone and thought he would slide to us…and went two picks prior.  So we added another CB we really like.

Devon Achane – We were ready to take Charbonnet, and he went right before our pick.  Achane was next on the list and I think he will be a fun addition.

JL Skinner – We were ready to take Quan Martin, and he got sniped.  I do love Skinner and think he would have gone a long time earlier if not for his pec injury.

Siaki Aki – He may never be a double digit sack guy, but he will be a good rotational DT.

Zach Harrison – Pure athletic upside pick.

Kayshon Boutte – We were going to take malf’s guy, Noah Sewell, and mwil stole him, so we took a home run swing on a guy who will either be a very good NFL WR or be out of the league in two years.

Two things had to happen this draft.  1. Get a franchise QB and 2. Fix the cornerback room.

I think we did pretty well at that.  We wanted to address edge earlier and center at some point, but the value just never was there. 

Props to @Malfatron for being awesome in his first BDL draft and helping me navigate my second-guessing.

• Like 7