BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

Father's Day CB Rankings? Sure!

This one was probably the hardest to rank. The gap between 6-12 is really really small IMO. 

CB

1. Lancaster- Jaire Alexander, Jalen Ramsey, Dane Jackson, Tyrique Stevenson, Kyu Blu Kelly, Akeylab Evans, Kindle Vildor

The top 4 are really really close but the duo of Jaire and Ramsey just can’t be topped.

1. Rome- Marlon Humphrey, Jamel Dean, DJ Reed Jr, Noah Igbinohie, Daron Bland, Michael Carter, Aaron Robinson, Jaylen Armour Davis

I think this the best trio in the league with Humphrey, Dean and Reed and Bland is a nice 4th CB.

1. Anchorage- Christian Gonzalez, Derek Stingley, Patrick Surtain II, Jaycee Horn, Jaylon Johnson, Marco Wilson, Paulson Adebo

This could be the top group in the league but Stingley, Horn and Gonzalez still have a lot left to prove.

1. New Orleans- James Bradberry, Stephon Gilmore, Mike Hilton, Rock Ya Sin, Rashad Fenton, Decobie Durant, Deommodore Lenoir, Derion Kendrick, Zech McPherson, Cam Taylor Britt, Jakorian Bennett

This is probably the deepest group in the league but they don’t have that one stud. Bradberry and Gilmore I don’t think are quite at that level anymore.

1. Gotham- Sauce Gardner, Andrew Booth Jr, Cam Smith, Tyson Campbell, Chris Westry, Cordell Flott, Javelin Guidry, Tre Hodges Tomlinson

Sauce and Tyson are an excellent duo but nothing very good or proven behind them.

1. Greenland- Marshon Lattimore, Joey Porter Jr, Emmanuel Forbes, Tariq Woolen

Lattimore and Woolen are a great duo, but only rookies behind them.

1. Ivory Coast- Greg Newsome, Trevon Diggs, AJ Terrell, Samuel Womack

A strong top 3 but all with flaws in their game or coming off a down year and nothing of note with depth.

1. Cancun- Tre’Davious White, Cameron Sutton, Steven Nelson, Zyon McCullom, Jack Jones, Jaylen Watson

Tre White is an excellent CB, Sutton a strong number 2. Nelson is fine and Jack Jones brings the big guns……(see what I did there). 

1. Raleigh- Darius Slay, Avonte Maddox, Sean Murphy Bunting, Kristian Fulton, Elijah Molden, Darius Rush, Bryce Hall, Josh Jobe, Trey Avery

Slay is still an elite CB but aging, Maddox is a really strong slot. There are candidates for number 2 CB but nobody locked in.

1. Baltimore- Carlton Davis, Byron Murphy, Chidobe Awuzie, Darren Hall, Michael Jackson

3 pretty good CB’s but nobody that really terrifies me. If they somehow got an elite #1 this could be a top group.

1. Cuba- Denzel Ward, CJ Henderson, Kelee Ringo, Brandon Stephens, Kader Kohu, Martin Emerson, Alonte Taylor, Coby Bryant

Ward is a great CB and after that it is young players that have shown flashes but nothing else.

1. Camden- Rasul Douglas, L’Jarius Sneed, Asante Samuel Jr, Mekhai Blackmon

Tough to have this group so low because they are pretty good, you could argue that this group should be as high as 7 and I wouldn’t fight you too hard on it. I don’t think they have that elite number 1 but wouldn’t be surprised if Sneed gets there.

1. Singapore- Kendall Fuller, Charvarius Ward, Levi Wallace, Desmond King, Isaiah Oliver, Shaun Wade, Ambry Thomas, Damarri Mathis

The okayist group in the league

1. Seoul- Kenny Moore, Taron Johnson, Trent McDuffie, Kaiir Elam, Kyler Gordon, Nate Hobbs, Clark Phillips III, Jaylon Jones, Garrett Williams, Joshua Williams

Kenny Moore is an excellent slot. McDuffie showed flashes and then there are a lot of names.

1. Berlin- Devon Witherspoon, Benjamin St. Juste, Deonte Banks, Eric Stokes, DJ Turner, Christian Benford

This group could be way higher a year from now but relying mostly on rookies.

1. Hungary- Casey Hayward, Jeff Okudah, Emmanuel Mosley, Roger McCreary, Julius Brents, Marcus Peters, Robert Rochell, AJ Parker, Tre Brown, Riley Moss

There sure are a lot of names here…….

Honestly surprised to see Cancun listed in the top half of the league. Guess it's a league of haves and have-nots at CB.

In Seoul's defense, Kaiir Elam played well near the end of the season when he won the CB2 job in Buffalo, did he not?

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Honestly surprised to see Cancun listed in the top half of the league. Guess it's a league of haves and have-nots at CB.

In Seoul's defense, Kaiir Elam played well near the end of the season when he won the CB2 job in Buffalo, did he not?

7 through 12 are just so close. They all have serious pros and cons. You could tell me anyone should be anywhere in the bunch and I wouldn't really argue

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Taron Jackson was Buffalo's number two at the end of the year.  IDK if Elam won the CB3 job or if Dane Jackson basically just lost if by being god awful.  Elam was not a dumpster fire and had some nice moments in his defense

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Taron Jackson was Buffalo's number two at the end of the year.  IDK if Elam won the CB3 job or if Dane Jackson basically just lost if by being god awful.  Elam was not a dumpster fire and had some nice moments in his defense

Hm, I saw Elam was announced as a starter in the playoffs and assumed it meant CB2, apparently not.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I think the Cuba CBs should be ranked higher. 

Based on these collective rankings, we might not win a game this year.

I kept looking at your crew and saying “thats too low” but I also couldn’t figure out who to move down. Very very close between 7 and 12 

• Like 1