2 EDGE

2 DT

2 LB

2 CB

2 S

1 Flex

4-2-5 nickel or big nickel, that’s 11.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

There are only 2 listed and Parsons should barely count as a linebacker. He’s a hybrid edge.

The base defense is a 4-2-5 and flex means either third corner or third safety depending on whether or not you want big nickel or a third corner.

Yes and you said 4-2-5 and flex. That’s 12 

10 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Hamilton struggled for most of the season.  He got better later in the year, but he didn't even play more than 75% of their snaps until week 14.

Also, neither Davis nor Barmore played more than 330 snaps last year.  

He was nursing a knee injusty most of Nov-mid dec and Baltimore in general despises giving defensive rookies any sort of snaps early

30 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

He was nursing a knee injusty most of Nov-mid dec and Baltimore in general despises giving defensive rookies any sort of snaps early

Don't disagree with either of those points.  

Doesn't change the fact he struggled for most of the season.

I think Hamilton is a fine player. It’s not his fault he’s been hyped as the reincarnation of Derwin James. There’s nothing wrong with being a good box safety with hybrid linebacker and apex value.

Troy Palamalu was a HOF chess piece who did a lot in this regard.

But if you are expecting him to match Tyler Boyd, Elijah Moore, or someone else in the slot, that’s just not fair or realistic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think Hamilton is more of a box safety apex and has some big nickel versatility. I do not see him having any versatility or ability in the slot against TE or WR, but that’s just me.

Think he would be perfectly fine against TEs myself

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Think he would be perfectly fine against TEs myself

Not in the slot manned up against the better ones IMO. If you’re talking spot dropping in zone or carrying vertically to a free in the seam, yes.