BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

3 hours ago, Whicker said:

Positives. All positives is what I’m hearing. He’s the best pass catcher in Carolina which is exactly why I said I signed him. I said he’s going to have a good year and he’s off to a good start. He’s my 4th WR and will feast on terrible corners just like he’s doing in real life. Well worth a completely risk free contract 

Iknow who won this signing regardless of outcome

New Orleans Rookie Review:

1. Edge Tyree Wilson - Not a great start to his career. Didn't have much time to prepare for the season due to a foot issue. Hopefully can turn it around.

2. Edge Tuli Tuipulotu - Playing like a top 10 pick. Creating havoc and winning against double teams. Fell IRL and in this draft, makes me think the draft community (and NFL) got a bit too carried away with measurables and forgot that he was dominant as a 20 year old.

3. WR Rashee Rice - Looks like he's the WR3 on the Chiefs at this stage and could very well be the WR2 if not WR1 come the end of the season. Mahomes seems to like him and the coaching staff are high on him.

4. LB Daiyan Henley - Injured to start the year.

5. TE Luke Schoonmaker - Looks like he's Cowboys TE3. Nothing of note apart from some catches.

6. INT Byron Young - Playing about a third of the Raiders' defensive snaps. Nothing to note.

7. LB Demarvion Overshown - Looked like he was gonna be a start and by all accounts was ready to make an immediate impact before tearing his ACL preseason.

8. Edge YaYa Diaby - Getting some rotational time, has had some pressures. Nothing to really note but decent enough start.

9. WR Michael Wilson - Looks like he may be the Cards no.2 receivers and has had some decent outings so far. Promising start for sure but health has always been his issue. If he can stay on the field, I think he'll be productive.

10. RB Tank Bigsby - Bad fumble in week 1. Looks like he'll be a goal line back with Etienne firmly entrenched as RB1.

11. WR Charlie Jones - Had a catch today. Won't be a factor until Tyler Boyd moves on next year. 

12. CB Jakorian Bennett - The good is that he's a full-time starter and the coaching staff are comfortable enough to give him #1 and #2 assignments on the regular. The bad is that these guys eat him for breakfast. Hopefully he can improve as the year goes on. 

In summary, I think it's a promising start to the class. Tuipulotu has been great and Rice and Wilson should see their roles continue to expand as the year goes on. The others are for the most part in rotational situations, which for a group of late round / PFA picks, it's not bad at all. There's a few, between injury or IRL position, that an evaluation won't be possible until next year but even if it is only 3 weeks in to the season, I'm reasonably comfortable with how this group is going. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Tuli never should have fallen as far as he did, totally agree everyone seemed to forget that on-field play matters.

I loved Tuli and I was one of the biggest proponents on this site for him. I did let testing affect me and the fact I zoned in on specific positions like a clown. 

• Like 1

Singapore Rookie Review

1. CB/S Brian Branch - Starter that is playing 100% of snaps. 🤑

2. TE Sam LaPorta - Starter that scored this week. Sky is the limit. 😄

3. NT Keeanu Benton - Rotational guy that flashes a lot and is more than a run stopper. 🤩

4. S Sydney Brown - Special Teamer at this point. 🤪

5. OG Andrew Vorhees - NFI list 2024 stash. 🙈

6. C Olu Oluwatimi - Backup to my starter. 👌

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I don't value RL 1sts. Which none of those guys are.

yeah but Branch and LaPorta were still top 40 (top 36?) selections, so it kinda feels like an arbitrary cut-off tbh

EDIT: Branch was 45th overall, but point remains--he was expected to be a top 25 guy pre-draft.

Edited by Blue

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

yeah but Branch and LaPorta were still top 40 (top 36?) selections, so it kinda feels like an arbitrary cut-off tbh

EDIT: Branch was 45th overall, but point remains--he was expected to be a top 25 guy pre-draft.

Thus why I was willing to trade a future 1st because then I didn't have to choose between him an LaPorta.

I use those picks just in my own way.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Singapore Rookie Review

1. CB/S Brian Branch - Starter that is playing 100% of snaps. 🤑

2. TE Sam LaPorta - Starter that scored this week. Sky is the limit. 😄

3. NT Keeanu Benton - Rotational guy that flashes a lot and is more than a run stopper. 🤩

4. S Sydney Brown - Special Teamer at this point. 🤪

5. OG Andrew Vorhees - NFI list 2024 stash. 🙈

6. C Olu Oluwatimi - Backup to my starter. 👌

Sydney is starting to rotate in. He made a good play on Mike Evans on Monday. I expect his snaps to continue to go up over the course of the year 

• Like 1

ICBR Discount Trade Block - Looking primarily for mid to late round picks; quality depth or immediate starter upgrade can be found (cap space permitting, of course). Looking to move only one of the two CBs, and they are probably the most expensive on the list

WR John Metchie III - $575/2

TE Tre McKitty - $500/1

TE Brevin Jordan - $430/1

TE Jeremy Ruckert - $425/2

OT Trent Williams - $17,258/4

OT Josh Jones - $1,625/1

OT Dillon Radunz - $1,050/2

OT Chukwuma Okorafor - $800/1

OG Zack Martin - $10,500/2

OG Jalen Mayfield - $525/1

OC Quinn Meinerz - $755/2

OC Josh Myers - $660/1

Edge Khalil Mack - $17,625/2

Edge Chase Young - $6,250/1

INT Devonte Wyatt - $1,660/3

INT Neville Gallimore - $870/1

LB Patrick Queen - $2,645/1

CB Greg Newsome - $2,645/2 

CB A.J. Terrell - $1,095/1 

S Lewis Cine - $1,325/3

S Kyle Dugger - $980/1

S Ashtyn Davis - $755/1

Anyone not listed - if they are not locked, they are available, but they are not discounted.