2023 Free Agency

Dessie

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC Wright also has experience playing LT/RT. RT would be a nice value pick at #38 but I'm 100% fine with bringing Elu back on a team friendly deal. 

I agree with that.  I said it before, I’m okay brining Elu back at RT, but if a long term RT is there I’d consider it.

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC Wright also has experience playing LT/RT. RT would be a nice value pick at #38 but I'm 100% fine with bringing Elu back on a team friendly deal. 

Yes, Wright started at all 13 games last season at LT- 922 snaps, 13 pressures, 1 QB sack, and 3 sacks.  At RT this year he started 12 games where he played 829 snaps while giving up 5 pressures, 2 QB hits, and 0 sacks.

As the guy in the video said… Wright almost never gets beat to the outside.  That’s my worry with Jones.  Don’t get me wrong I really like Jones, but against a quality speed rusher he will have more issues then Wright will IMO.  Plus whether the RT is 6’5 342 with 34 1/8” arms or 6’8 375 with 36 5/8” arms you got a plus sized RT.

• Like 1

Some other value guys that make sense:

Lorenzo Carter, LB, Falcons - 27 year old, versatile LB that does a little bit of everything and provides complimentary pass rushing chops, 18.5 career sacks and he spent 2 years with Graham in New York. Could be good depth behind Chandler and he's likely someone that will take a 1 year prove it deal. 

Danny Shelton, NT, Chiefs - 29 year old former draft bust, he's a decent two down player that fits the mold of what PG likes from his interior DL and he actually spent 2021 with Graham in NY.

Devin Bush, LB, Steelers - 24 year old former top 10 pick, he has all of the tools that you look for in a modern LB but he just hasn't been able to put it all together. Seems like another prime candidate for a 1 year prove it deal.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lorenzo Carter, LB, Falcons - 27 year old, versatile LB that does a little bit of everything and provides complimentary pass rushing chops, 18.5 career sacks and he spent 2 years with Graham in New York. Could be good depth behind Chandler and he's likely someone that will take a 1 year prove it deal. 

Danny Shelton, NT, Chiefs - 29 year old former draft bust, he's a decent two down player that fits the mold of what PG likes from his interior DL and he actually spent 2021 with Graham in NY.

Devin Bush, LB, Steelers - 24 year old former top 10 pick, he has all of the tools that you look for in a modern LB but he just hasn't been able to put it all together. Seems like another prime candidate for a 1 year prove it deal.

All three are great options 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

All three are great options 

There are a lot of solid FA's this year, especially defensively. I probably wouldn't break the bank on any one player but I just hope that we're committed to at least trying to have an average starter at all 11 spots, lol.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Carter and Bush I can see. Good value signings too. Shelton would have to be cheap as he’s not as good as Billings to me. I can see bringing him in for camp though.

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Carter and Bush I can see. Good value signings too. Shelton would have to be cheap as he’s not as good as Billings to me. I can see bringing him in for camp though.

Graham had his best season as a DC when he played Tomlinson / Lawrence together on the DL.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Meh... he's had a flat career on a very good offense. There are better options out there.  

He started to really flash before he got hurt this year and he was solid the year before (IIRC had 700 yards) he's not someone that needs a lot of targets to make an impact. But I think he'll be out of our price range. I'd prefer Darius Slayton or Nelson Agholor.