2023 Free Agency

Dessie

10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Elu has been on 5 teams since 2018 for a reason.  Fans want to prop up backups as starters on this squad because we have a roster littered with absolute garbage players.  The guy is a backup and should not be starting.  

I think Elu can start now that he’s in shape(heard that was his problem before. That said the raiders have much bigger problems than can Elu start at tackle or not

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think Elu can start now that he’s in shape(heard that was his problem before. That said the raiders have much bigger problems than can Elu start at tackle or not

I thought Elu was pretty solid for us last season and RT isn't really a premium position either way. 

9 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Agreed. Ideally you upgrade from Elumeanor, but there are far bigger holes to address than the RT position.

He’s a serviceable stopgap while we plug other, bigger gaps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Agreed. Ideally you upgrade from Elumeanor, but there are far bigger holes to address than the RT position.

Agreed. We need to slide Parham to center and bring in 2 new starting OGs though for sure. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Although I keep seeing tackles mocked to the Raiders. Could be they’re projecting Rodgers or Jones in FA but I don’t know maybe the Raiders think they need a LT. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Although I keep seeing tackles mocked to the Raiders. Could be they’re projecting Rodgers or Jones in FA but I don’t know maybe the Raiders think they need a LT. 

That's mostly lazy journalism tbh because most sites list OL as our biggest need and 7th is way too early to take an OG. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have no issues with bringing him back on a 1 year 2M deal to compete but the guy is a below average RT.  If he is on the roster next year and is our starting RT we are in trouble.  He is a below average player who can be easily upgraded.  .

The guys average … that’s not being contended.  There’s lots of teams with average starters.  Even Playoff teams have a handful of average starters on them.  I could understand the  idea “his ‘22 season was his max and I don’t think he’ll repeat that”.  But I’d tend to say given he’s familiarity with the system he’ll have similar results…. By which I mean not more then a 20% drop in sacks+pressures allowed and run blocking grade.  
The reality is we have limited resources to improve next year.  We’ve drafted poorly over in the draft few years (past 20 really) so we don’t have depth and upcoming players.  Sure we could go out and spend 10-12M on a Mike McGlinchey but that takes away from other needs.  I’ve wanted to draft a RT for a long time and still think we should.  But re-signing Eluemunor is a good idea, assuming price is right.  And him starting wouldn’t be that bad.  He could even play G if needed.

That said I have a man crush on Darell Wright and want to draft him badly.  We need 3 solid drafts in a row before we’ll have adequate depth and the right Amount of developing players, IMO.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The reality is we have limited resources to improve next year.  We’ve drafted poorly over in the draft few years (past 20 really) so we don’t have depth and upcoming players.  

Don't we have 12 picks and like $50M+ in cap space, how do we have limited resources to improve?

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Don't we have 12 picks and like $50M+ in cap space, how do we have limited resources to improve?

to rely on 3rd-7th round rookies to help us improve year 1 is a bit of a stretch. 
50 mil in cap space is great, but we have no qb right now . . if we want a legit QB, that is minimum taking 30 mil.
Unless rookie QB . . which again, is asking a lot for a rookie qb to improve a team his first year.

Just now, BackinBlack said:

to rely on 3rd-7th round rookies to help us improve year 1 is a bit of a stretch. 
50 mil in cap space is great, but we have no qb right now . . if we want a legit QB, that is minimum taking 30 mil.
Unless rookie QB . . which again, is asking a lot for a rookie qb to improve a team his first year.

Aaron Rodgers would only have a $15M cap hit and Mac Jones would have like a $4M cap hit if we traded for either one of them. We have a ton of roster flexibility and resources to get better this offseason, will we manage them correctly? Who knows. But they definitely set themselves up to retool the roster on the fly. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Aaron Rodgers would only have a $15M cap hit and Mac Jones would have like a $4M cap hit if we traded for either one of them. We have a ton of roster flexibility and resources to get better this offseason, will we manage them correctly? Who knows. But they definitely set themselves up to retool the roster on the fly. 

Still I think a lot of the 50 mil will need to be used to fill out our roster, and hopefully continue to add depth. Which we lack severly. 
Im all for Rodgers if it doesnt cost of 7 overall. 
Mac Jones if traded would be looking for a new deal i think. 

how many roster players are we at right now for 23? 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Still I think a lot of the 50 mil will need to be used to fill out our roster, and hopefully continue to add depth. Which we lack severly. 
Im all for Rodgers if it doesnt cost of 7 overall. 
Mac Jones if traded would be looking for a new deal i think. 

how many roster players are we at right now for 23? 

We can free up some more space with restructures as well. 9 of our 11 losses were by a single score, I don't think it's out of question to think we can improve next year as we add more talent and guys get comfortable. 

I'd prefer Rodgers as well, I'd like to do a 2nd this year and a conditional pick next year though. Mac Jones still has 2+1 left on his rookie deal, he wouldn't get an extension until 25-26 or 26-27. 

Yeah we don't really have a ton of pieces in place at the moment. Still sucks that Grudock left us with $30M in dead cap, we'd have like $77M in cap space if it weren't for all their bad moves. Thankfully we have 0 dead cap going into the 2024 offseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

You build through the draft, not FA. 12 picks is great and gives them a shotgun approach to hitting on some guys, but they have a lot of holes. FA is like buying a stock at it's peak. A lot of fools gold. Teams try this every years and 2 years later, end up cutting all the dead weight.

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You build through the draft, not FA. 12 picks is great and gives them a shotgun approach to hitting on some guys, but they have a lot of holes. FA is like buying a stock at it's peak. A lot of fools gold. Teams try this every years and 2 years later, end up cutting all the dead weight.

Doing the TCMD I've been analyzing our roster for the past few days and man we're so top heavy. We have to find starting level players at like 6/7 spots on both sides of the ball. 

I just hope that we go for value signings and try to get at least average level dudes at almost every position. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

Defensively I'd look at:

DL: DreMont Jones, Dalvin Tomlinson, A'Shawn Robinson, Greg Gaines, Poona Ford 

LB: Drue Tranquill, Alex Singleton, Quincy Williams, Devin Bush, Kyle Van Noy, Raekwon McMillian 

CB: Byron Murphy, Fabian Moreau, Jonathan Jones, Sean Bunting

S: Jabrill Peppers, Julian Love, Nassir Adderly, Taylor Rapp, Terrell Edmunds 

• Like 1