2023 Free Agency

Dessie

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The only one I would give starter money is Ya-Sin as he is a decent #2 CB.  The rest are good depth pieces but should not be starting. 

Eleumunor did enough to be a starter imo. Billings was very good as well and did what you want as a NT. Wouldn’t break the bank but definitely guys you wanna keep if you can.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Eleumunor did enough to be a starter imo. Billings was very good as well and did what you want as a NT. Wouldn’t break the bank but definitely guys you wanna keep if you can.  

Elu has been on 5 teams since 2018 for a reason.  Fans want to prop up backups as starters on this squad because we have a roster littered with absolute garbage players.  The guy is a backup and should not be starting.  

29 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Elu has been on 5 teams since 2018 for a reason.  Fans want to prop up backups as starters on this squad because we have a roster littered with absolute garbage players.  The guy is a backup and should not be starting.  

Not sure what is history of teams has to do with his play last year. His play was rock solid, too many penalties for sure but he produced at a starter level imo. 

PFF said this 

“Eluemunor reunited with this duo after time shared together in New England in the past, and he enjoyed a career year as a starter at right tackle. After a slow start, Eluemunor came into his own following the team’s Week 6 bye. From Week 7 through the end of the season, his 83.1 pass-blocking grade ranked fourth among right tackles, with his 4.0% pressure rate allowed on true pass sets also the fourth-best mark at the position

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Herbig is an interesting name, a nice under the radar type of signing. I like Perryman but he’s got a finite value and he may want more than that. 

Only 24yo so you would imagine his best days are to come. IOL seem to get better with age like NTs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Wouldn’t mind Elu and Munford battling at RT again. Solid play and allows us to address more glaring needs. 

I don't get why we wouldn't do that. If Mumford loses RT, he can play RG. Even if the loser is a backup, that's called quality depth- which we lack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I’m of the position that I’d re sign him as a ‘preliminary starter’ but if someone else shows up or if a prospect falls in the draft then wouldn’t be afraid to make that move.

If we just leave the RT spot open then we’re tipping our hand again so I’d get him in place as a fall back plan if you will, and if we get chance to upgrade and the value is there you take it. We simply can’t have a good player at every single spot, there’s only so much talent and cap to go round and certain spots we’ll have to make do with just a guy. Eluemunor is average at least so I’d mark him in (in pencil not stone) and see how the off season plays out and we then don’t need to be scrabbling about for a starter if things don’t pan out.

• Like 3

Give me Payne and a bunch of value signings. Maxx and DP would be nasty. Then Levis/Stroud and DL with our first two picks. OL and defense rest of the draft. Maybe squeeze in a WR with speed somewhere. 

A nasty DL will make the rest of the defense better. 

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

People hype him because of his pff grade. He had so many penalties, so the grade is flawed 

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think it’s dead in the middle of the two opinions.  Why shouldn’t he be starting? He played well last year as the starter.  But there’s a reason he’s bounced around and resigned for only 1.25M last year.  This is Denzelle Good story all over again.  These type of guys are best to be signed to 1-2 year deals with very little guaranteed money… and the ability to get out of any year 2 without a dead cap over 500k.  You don’t Pay them over 3M’ish until they’ve strung 2-3 solid years together FOR YOU.  And usually by then there 31+ And since their not a top tier guy they won’t get no a raise on new deal.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Wonder if they try to bring back Parker again. 

That’s another brilliant deal Zeigler strung together.  In what reality is Parker ever going to be work 3.5M?  You couldn’t get anyone better for that or play someone equal less?

Same thing with Bolden.  With all the RB2s and RB3s out there playing for near league minimum you pay THAT GUY 2.5M?  “But he’s a leader in the locker room!”  Tell me what he does that an offensive Quality Control Coach working as a defacto assistant RB coach can’t do besides be ELIGIBILE to enter the game?  
82 snaps and 66 yards…. Great signing! 

the amount of money we piss away on depth players is amazing.  Instead of getting a elite FA and veteran minimum or Near it we’d rather settle for Littleton, Nassib, etc plus Parker, Bolden, etc.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think it’s dead in the middle of the two opinions.  Why shouldn’t he be starting? He played well last year as the starter.  But there’s a reason he’s bounced around and resigned for only 1.25M last year.  This is Denzelle Good story all over again.  These type of guys are best to be signed to 1-2 year deals with very little guaranteed money… and the ability to get out of any year 2 without a dead cap over 500k.  You don’t Pay them over 3M’ish until they’ve strung 2-3 solid years together FOR YOU.  And usually by then there 31+ And since their not a top tier guy they won’t get no a raise on new deal.

I have no issues with bringing him back on a 1 year 2M deal to compete but the guy is a below average RT.  If he is on the roster next year and is our starting RT we are in trouble.  He is a below average player who can be easily upgraded.  .