2023 Free Agency

Dessie

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

DE needs to be targeted in the draft we need a long term replacement for Jones. We need a Vet TE (and draft). Arnold is a cheap vet that can be added to the list. 

None of those DTs are NT.Billings looks like a must resign. 

At this point it’s questionable whether any of those DTs named are better than Nichols. 

CB is a huge hole. Hobbs seems have 1 spot locked and we have some depth with Hall, Robertson, Webb and Hall. Think we need a vet to the group though. William Jackson III could be added to the list, should come cheap as he’s coming off an injury. 

G/T are huge holes. At this point I expect us just to bring back Bars ! Lot depends on what we do with Parham but 2 new guards and a RT looks essential at this point. 

If they bring back bars, that just shows waaaay too much faith, stubbornness or stupidity.....pick one! Bars was a flippin joke!! God please no!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One positive is that the free agent class is basically cooked now so who cares if we have cap space. I was so optimistic but I just don’t see any path for this team to be competitive next year. 

Been screaming it for years now it seems. 

We get rid of good player A or B or C.

"Why did we do that?"

" To make cap shpace, dur!"

We then refuse to sign any big name FA. 

"Why didn't we do that?"

"To save cap shpace, dur!"

"But...we barely used it aside from overpaying middling talent?"

"Gotta save cap shpace, dur!"

We then sign good in-house players to big deals but continue making questionable moves elsewhere, and get rid of them soon after....

"What are we doing?"

"Creating cap shpace, dur!"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One positive is that the free agent class is basically cooked now so who cares if we have cap space. I was so optimistic but I just don’t see any path for this team to be competitive next year. 

Welcome to your new reality.  

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If he totally sucks we ride another bad season to a top pick in a probable loaded QB class. 

Does anyone know how to make a prop bet the Raiders will Own a top 3 pick in ‘24?  Cuz I’m thinking that’s a very very good bet.

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Does anyone know how to make a prop bet the Raiders will Own a top 3 pick in ‘24?  Cuz I’m thinking that’s a very very good bet.

I've never seen prop bets for top 3 picks, it's usually who will hold the first pick.

5 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

If they bring back bars, that just shows waaaay too much faith, stubbornness or stupidity.....pick one! Bars was a flippin joke!! God please no!  

They've taken the Gruden blueprint, you build around skill players, run it back every year with the same mediocre OL / defense, wonder why you can't win games and then do it all over again the next year.

We have $24.2M left to work with, we could free up more space cutting James / Bolden but we refuse to do it for some reason. I guess I can see the logic behind keeping Andre James but there's absolutely no reason to keep Bolden on the roster anymore.

• Like 1