Week 18 Thread: Whatever. Howell to start. Thoughts and Prayers for Damar Hamlin first and foremost.

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, MosEisley said:

We will end up at 15, unless Packers and Lions end in a tie.

This is likely untrue.

Both Detroit and GB sit at 8-8. Detroit is picking behind us right now and GB in front of us. If Detroit wins, GB stays in front. If GB wins they flip spots. We stay at #16 I believe (unless they tie)

17 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

We need O-Line and LB help desperately. Not sure where the rankings fall for the prospects, but I hope we can get someone that can contribute right away.

We need depth at LB. I think we re-sign Holcomb. Our starting LBs next year are Holcomb & Jamin again. Then, Curl is the Buffalo nickel. 

You have McCain & Forrest too and Butler played well today.

That being said, we need to draft a LB in the mid rounds to replace Mayo & then a Lb late as well to hopeful be our 5th LB or maybe Milo or Hudson are our 5th LB & next year.

It’s obvious they need to draft 3 new OL. One in round 1, preferably Broderick Jones from where we’re picking. He could play RT, you move Cosmi into RG or Wes S is re-signed to start there. Then in round 2 or with our 3rd round comp pick you take a C. 

3 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Dotson can be a #1 wr he also missed a lot of games 

Reminds me of Santana Moss. Not a true #1. Terry is a #1. Dotson is a 1b type like Moss was. And Samuel is squarely a good #2. We have a really great WR corps. I sure hope Sam Howell continues to take strides & is throwing to them next fall.

23 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Would love to see if Mcvay would come here if we have a new owner but he probably cost us some picks. But man it would be nice he is a good QB coach. 

That’s a good idea. Not sure what he does though. I think he’s burned out, the losing got to him this year & he just needs some time off.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

We need depth at LB. I think we re-sign Holcomb. Our starting LBs next year are Holcomb & Jamin again. Then, Curl is the Buffalo nickel. 

Honestly I don't think we will have a Buffalo Nickel next year. The staff will undoubtedly be shaken up. We should run a traditional 4-3 defense again. We can still run the Nickel package, but we got exposed too often with our 4-2-5 defense this year. I think both Holcomb and Davis are OLBs. I think we need a true MLB still.