Week 18 Thread: Whatever. Howell to start. Thoughts and Prayers for Damar Hamlin first and foremost.

MikeT14

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I hope he plays better. The problem I have is that before he got injured, he never flashed as a game wrecker either. Undoubtedly the injury has taken a toll on his body and he may never be as good as he was prior to the injury. His rushes are frequently freelancing and has shown that if he doesn't get home on the rush he will give up on the play. I'll take a high motor guy like Ryan Kerrigan all day over someone that gives up on a play.

He will have the whole off-season to prepare for next year. He needs to get the job done to not be the next Jadeveon Clowney.

Never flashed as a game wrecker? I mean, that’s just not true. The first game he played he dominated the eagles. He destroyed the 49ers. The Panthers game. There were others. He has a lot of work to get back to where he was but I just don’t agree he was never a game wrecker 

32 minutes ago, TVScout said:

And what? There was no real game. It was just a walk through like a pre season game during the regular season.

You rationalize what you saw anyway you like. The game was real. The stats were real. The teams performance was real. You bury your head in the sand if you want, but sometimes you gotta take off the homer hat and call it like it is. Even @aceinthehouse is willing to do that and he is the biggest optimist in our neck of the woods. 

18 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Same for the Bucs. How did they do yesterday?

Not sure. I only watched our game with you guys. Again, you can try to spin it anyway you like, Dallas's play was trash yesterday. 

Good luck in the post season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Never flashed as a game wrecker? I mean, that’s just not true. The first game he played he dominated the eagles. He destroyed the 49ers. The Panthers game. There were others. He has a lot of work to get back to where he was but I just don’t agree he was never a game wrecker 

Montez Sweat has had dominant performances too, would you call him a game wrecker? 

Jon Allen is the only game wrecker we have on defense. Payne had some really good games this year too, but Allen shows up week in and week out. 

• Like 1

Howell scored a 34 on his wonderlic. Just watched his press conference. He's a smart young man.

I believe we need to give this kid a chance to start next season.

Heinicke would be a good mentor for him, if retained. Also be a good backup for him, but we'll see.

Imo, we should keep the QB position cheap. Meaning maybe draft another in the mid to later rounds. Possibly start Howell. Keep Heinicke on a reasonable modest deal. ( If he wants to stay)

Re-sign Payne & use what money/cap we do have for Free Agents than can fill gaps & make us better.

Like improved O-Line, LBers, TE's & possibly Corners & a Kicker.

15 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I sent you a PM a while back to try not to bring these things up in the threads. You can't handle the truth, then that's on you. At this point Chase Young is the Taylor Heinicke of the defense. He gets people motivated to play hard. He is exciting, but he just doesn't fulfill his responsibilities ON the field.

This just simply ridiculous to compare Chase to Taylor. He played very well against the 49ers and Browns and yesterday didn't do much at all. But this is what bothers me, he wasn't winning his pass rushes yesterday, so he backed off and and stayed within the pass rush and didn't let Dak escape underneath him. Everyone was complaining because he wasn't playing within the defense and would over rush. Now he doesn't over rush and plays within the defense and he gets compared to Taylor Heinicke. Get real.

• Like 1

Looks like we have a Playoff worthy team here . Just been starting/playing the wrong guys ! Should been playing Howell, Potoa'e, Mayo, Hudson, Butler, Danny Johnson, Jared Patterson ( all heart ! ) Chris Paul ( wonder how he graded out-seemed fine to me ! )

I feel better about what the coaches can do after this game. If they could scheme and motivate for this one - they must have the team behind them. Always so sweet to beat the "Pokes" ! 

Edited by RSkinGM

36 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

This just simply ridiculous to compare Chase to Taylor. He played very well against the 49ers and Browns and yesterday didn't do much at all. But this is what bothers me, he wasn't winning his pass rushes yesterday, so he backed off and and stayed within the pass rush and didn't let Dak escape underneath him. Everyone was complaining because he wasn't playing within the defense and would over rush. Now he doesn't over rush and plays within the defense and he gets compared to Taylor Heinicke. Get real.

Man the amount of excuses that fans make for players they like is ridiculous. Giving very little effort is now being looked at as playing within the defense. 

We don't have to have the same opinion. I want Chase to be successful too. I just don't have blinders on to the situation. 

30 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Man the amount of excuses that fans make for players they like is ridiculous. Giving very little effort is now being looked at as playing within the defense. 

@Thaiphoon and I pointed out a clear play yesterday where he was 100% just lollygagging on the rush. Definitely not a "he was containing" type of play. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

We don't have to have the same opinion. I want Chase to be successful too. I just don't have blinders on to the situation. 

You did the same thing with Wentz my dude lol