Week 18 Thread: Whatever. Howell to start. Thoughts and Prayers for Damar Hamlin first and foremost.

MikeT14

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Sam Howell needs to start next year. No reason to mess around anywhere else. Ron Rivera keeping him off the field is stupid.

I think he should start. At the least he’ll be in conception to be the starter. I always felt that Howell could do what Pickett was doing for the Steelers this year, he just needed a chance.

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We always have hindsight though. Coulda woulda etc. no way to know. We also say this every year. 

And every year we win meaningless games and end up picking in the middle. Just missing out on talent that goes elsewhere. We could've had Parsons on our team if not for it happening. 

Yes, the draft is a crapshoot. But I want as many "craps" to shoot at as possible when I pick.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Really?  I think he’s looked pretty average.  I would definitely still draft a QB.

Its literally his first NFL reps. He has not looked in over his head as the staff lead us to believe. He absolutely looks like he belongs. Give him a full offseason with the #1s and I think we have a QB we can build around (plus the $$ is right on his rookie deal).

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Its literally his first NFL reps. He has not looked in over his head as the staff lead us to believe. He absolutely looks like he belongs. Give him a full offseason with the #1s and I think we have a QB we can build around (plus the $$ is right on his rookie deal).

He’s a rookie qb has managed the game well today besides that dumb throw

rather have a rookie making dumb throws than TH4 or Wentz

if we are terrible next year that lands us a top 3 pick 

but with Howell I think we can build around him and look like Miami when Tua is Healthy but with a cheaper offense! 

imagine the line we can build for him and bring ina. Dominant linebacker!

Edited by Vladimir L
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And every year we win meaningless games and end up picking in the middle. Just missing out on talent that goes elsewhere. We could've had Parsons on our team if not for it happening. 

Yes, the draft is a crapshoot. But I want as many "craps" to shoot at as possible when I pick.

I get what you’re saying but there’s plenty of times where we avoided an anti-Parsons too. You’re not wrong. If we truly could have gotten 10-12 I get it, but 14 to 17 I’m less worried. Almost like the NBA lottery slots. 

• Like 1