Week 18 Thread: Whatever. Howell to start. Thoughts and Prayers for Damar Hamlin first and foremost.

MikeT14

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Yep! Maybe ! IDK ! Maybe he's protecting his future. Doesn't want to get hurt in the last game. It could cost him millions. I'm probably overthinking it .

Nah you're probably right.  This is probably Heinicke's best chance of a good pay day, its better for him to not play at all. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

The list of guys not likely to play is incredible !

Norwell, maybe Lucas, both running backs, Kam Curl, St Juste. Jon Allen, S Charles. Smith-Williams. Maybe J Davis ( ankle) and Sweat ( illness ) 

This makes me happy. Shut everyone down. No reason to risk next year for a game that doesn't matter.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Not sure why he would want out? 

Well considering he probably felt like most of you, that he was a big part of the team having a chance at the post season, only to be benched. The guy he was benched for played HORRIBLE. The decision ended up costing the team any chance of the post season. Then the head coach doubled down on the switch. Then even went as far as talking about their options to find the right guy since the QB question remains unsolved. 

That's not a ringing endorsement to me. Sure Taylor could be "happy to have a job", but he absolutely can get a backup job anywhere right now. He's definitely gone.

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Well considering he probably felt like most of you, that he was a big part of the team having a chance at the post season, only to be benched. The guy he was benched for played HORRIBLE. The decision ended up costing the team any chance of the post season. Then the head coach doubled down on the switch. Then even went as far as talking about their options to find the right guy since the QB question remains unsolved. 

That's not a ringing endorsement to me. Sure Taylor could be "happy to have a job", but he absolutely can get a backup job anywhere right now. He's definitely gone.

That coach is the only reason he has a job in the NFL. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That coach is the only reason he has a job in the NFL. 

That coach is the only reason he GOT a job in the NFL. He still has a job because of him. He is not betrothed to Ron Rivera. If anything Ron Rivera owes Heinicke for saving his bacon this year more than the other way around. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

That coach is the only reason he GOT a job in the NFL. He still has a job because of him. He is not betrothed to Ron Rivera. If anything Ron Rivera owes Heinicke for saving his bacon this year more than the other way around. 

I don't agree at all.  I don't see any reason why Heinicke wouldn't want to return.  I think there is a very real chance Rivera is here for another season and he knows this offense.  We also have no established starter at QB and there's a very real chance for him to compete to start. 

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I don't agree at all.  I don't see any reason why Heinicke wouldn't want to return.  I think there is a very real chance Rivera is here for another season and he knows this offense.  We also have no established starter at QB and there's a very real chance for him to compete to start. 

If you think it's ok for someone to take your hard work, hand it off to someone else to destroy, then claim it was the correct decision and try to hand it back, that's on you.

Heinicke will be in a different uniform next year, I'd bet on it. 

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

If you think it's ok for someone to take your hard work, hand it off to someone else to destroy, then claim it was the correct decision and try to hand it back, that's on you.

Heinicke will be in a different uniform next year, I'd bet on it. 

I'll take that bet.