2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

The QBs this year aren't worth a 1st round draft pick for the jets.  Young is small, Stroud can't perform when pressured and the rest of them stink.

If all the top options (rodgers, carr, jimmy g, lamar) go elsewhere, the team needs to go for someone other than mike white.  white, while giving us fans the Jeremy Lin feel for a while, isn't a sustainable option.  he's proven he can't stay healthy.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's no different than Favre and Minnesota from years ago.  Favre wanted to go to Minnesota and Green Bay wasn't trading him there.

In the division is way different. Rodgers isn’t going somewhere he doesn’t wanna go. If he wants San Francisco he’s going to San Francisco. 

5 hours ago, Big T said:

While I agree with this, I would say that all bets are still on the table when it comes to Las Vegas. McDaniels has no QB as of right now except the guy there looking to unload in Carr. 

So what is the plan? It would cost a boatload of picks and or compensation to pry Jackson from the Ravens, AR would cost 150 million with about 60 million up front and guaranteed. Carr is not in their plans, and Jimmy G while not an upgrade over Carr at all does have this.

Jimmy G and McDaniels does have this, a prior history together in N.E. as flimsy as it may sound, it is something to consider and the transition should be seamless. 

It sure looks like an interesting offseason in the NFL at least when it comes to QB's

Let me ask you this, if Jimmy G didn't play for McDaniels when they were both with the Patriots would you be suggesting this?  That's the only connection that is there.  Moving from Carr to Garoppolo ins't a big enough upgrade to justify swapping QBs.  LIS, I think it's likely Rodgers or a draft pick here.

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

In the division is way different. Rodgers isn’t going somewhere he doesn’t wanna go. If he wants San Francisco he’s going to San Francisco. 

My point being was that Favre only wanted to play for Minnesota, and TT traded him to the Jets.

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let me ask you this, if Jimmy G didn't play for McDaniels when they were both with the Patriots would you be suggesting this?  That's the only connection that is there.  Moving from Carr to Garoppolo ins't a big enough upgrade to justify swapping QBs.  LIS, I think it's likely Rodgers or a draft pick here.

You are right on the first point, and the possibility exists on your second point.

Let's be clear here, if the Jets right now, RIGHT NOW, are not engaged in talks with both GB and the Raiders in an attempt to secure the services of one of these QB's then they are not doing their due diligence. 

One thing I think we can all agree on is that JD is on the phones, and a deal may be in place already. It would cost a great deal less with more of a yearly return going with Carr.

No doubt getting Rodgers gives them a legitimate chance at going deep into the playoffs and SB appearance. But with Carr it %'s may be lower, but with the defense the Jets have and with players like GW and BH a more than competent TE room, Carr may be all the Jets need.

If it came down to the two, Carr will be lightyears less expensive. Now let me throw in an unknown, and that unknown is Woody Johnson.

If Woody puts his 2cents in he may want the splashier of the two if only to grab the headlines and have the NFL talking up the Jets. If Woody truly allows JD to continue to rule the roost then I can see Carr in a Jet uniform.

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Rodgers on the tee box today at the pro am was asked if there’s anything he wants to share……. His response was he’s not going to San Fran.

So anyone who thought that. Not happening.

But as you also stated, he likes to **** with the media. Believe nothing that Rodgers says. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrade said:

But as you also stated, he likes to **** with the media. Believe nothing that Rodgers says. 

Something else to note is that Rodgers and his family are from northern CA. Rodgers has a long history of that he’s pretty much alienated his family a long time ago. He pretty much has no communication with them. So the thought of him going back “home” isn’t true. He has houses in Malibu and Miami besides GB. 

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

One of the main reasons we're moving on from Carr is because he didn't mesh well with McDaniels coaching style.

Just now, NYRaider said:

One of the main reasons we're moving on from Carr is because he didn't mesh well with McDaniels coaching style.

Outside of NE, McDaniels coaching style doesn’t mesh with anyone. He has failed everywhere outside of NE. I understand Carr may be a little too emotionally fragile for McDaniels taste, but I am not so sure McDaniels if doing you guys any favors at the QB spot ATM.