2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

12 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Bingo that is what has me pissed off for weeks, I know this is coming a Tannehill type player. After that great draft we had last year to end up with a mediocre QB that is pathetic. Yeah, i know the whole story bring in a vet QB so they can develop Zach Wilson. I hope I am wrong.

I just posted this post ten minutes ago, and i had no idea what Woody Johnson said. How bad was it?

16 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

About to be the longest playoff drought in all 4 major sports once the Kings make the post season.. I feel like ownership is definitely a problem.

It 100% is part of the problem. I think we finally hired a quality GM. Jury still out on the coaching staff. 

26 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

It 100% is part of the problem. I think we finally hired a quality GM. Jury still out on the coaching staff. 

I like JD a ton as well. But this is a QB driven league and he missed on Wilson and if he doesn't get it right this off season... his job very well might be on the line.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Do you think we're making the playoffs for sure with Tannehill at QB?

Bc likely if we don't make the playoffs next year there's firings happening. For me I don't want JD fired. I really don't want Saleh fired yet either. So for me there's an urgency as to winning. For me Tannehill isn't moving the needle much for me.

I hear you about JD and Saleh.  However, I think we can all agree that even a slight improvement in QB play and we were in the playoffs last year.  If White had started the NE games the Jets would have won.  I have no doubt in my mind about that considering how good our D was playing.  Since I consider Tanny a step up from White, I think we are playoffs bound.

As much as I dislike crediting W's and L's on one particular player, Tanny was the QB for a team that was a perennial playoff participant.  Of course they made it on the strength of their D and run game which is how we may very well approach our game plan next year.

And it is for the above reasons I do not want to take a chance on a guy like Rodgers.  Yes, he is better than Tanny, no doubt.  But he will be a bigger hit to the cap and the chance that he even plays out his contract is extremely low hurting this team in the near future.  A lesser QB will get us to the playoffs just as well.  ANd once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

20 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Kliff Kingsbury has resurfaced.   Set an interview for Texans' OC job.    Bobby, go ahead and call him an idiot for taking the job if offered. lol.

Everyone's contract is set up different. Maybe KK has it in his that he still gets that AZ money. Hackett from what I understand had it written where he doesn't. I could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I like JD a ton as well. But this is a QB driven league and he missed on Wilson and if he doesn't get it right this off season... his job very well might be on the line.

And that will be one of the reasons why we never get out of this funk we've been in. Yeah he got the QB wrong but its not like this team has ever gotten it right either. Worse GMs haven't gotten more than one opportunity. If we fire a quality GM due to Wilson, this franchise actually deserves the misery that will continue to ensue. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Everyone's contract is set up different. Maybe KK has it in his that he still gets that AZ money. Hackett from what I understand had it written where he doesn't. I could be wrong. 

Yeah.. contractual language.  20m as severance pay is a possibility.  Recoup is also a possibility.

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

And that will be one of the reasons why we never get out of this funk we've been in. Yeah he got the QB wrong but its not like this team has ever gotten it right either. Worse GMs haven't gotten more than one opportunity. If we fire a quality GM due to Wilson, this franchise actually deserves the misery that will continue to ensue. 

Yeah we can’t make the mistake of letting him go because he missed the QB. He hit massively on other picks, what other GM has done that for us?  Use it as a learning experience so you don’t miss the next QB. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If you could bet on it, who would you pick to be next year's most improved player on the team? 

Zach Wilson hands down. I mean he can’t be any worse so even if he sits at home a watches paint dry, it would be light years better than his play in 2022. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If you could bet on it, who would you pick to be next year's most improved player on the team? 

Depends on the circumstances but for me there’s a few;

Becton; if healthy I genuinely believe he’s a probowl/all pro LT. His athleticism and size is freakish and he has that nasty to go with it. A healthy and fired up Becton would be a sight to see. 

Mims; I had such high hopes after his flashes during his rookie season. Obviosuly he’s had his share of stupid drops due to lack of concentration but with a quality qb I think he could easily take over Davis on the outside without needing to sign a new WR. 

Whitehead; middle of the road last year and due to his cap hit he could very well not get a second yeah. However with a better FS next to him and another year in our system I think he would improve greatly. If we can get Jimmy Ward in FA (something that seems very likely) a back end of Sauce, Reed, Carter, Ward and Whitehead would be nasty. 

Joshnson/Huff; both these boys need more snaps. With more snaps the production will be even higher. I can see both players blowing up next year. Huff especially with the sack numbers. 

• Like 1