2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Jimmie Ward seems like he'd fit great. Knows the staff. Is a vet. Knows the system. And is an UFA. 

100% he's the guy, can also play nickel in a pinch. 

Clark is a dog though and a respected team leader. He will be a good addition regardless. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Wasn’t Clark the FS in Baltimore before they signed Marcus Williams?

He's never been much of a ballhawk. Definitely thrives more in the box and tackling. Looks like a more sure thing tackler than Whitehead. I think we maybe cut Whitehead or restructure him and bring in Jimmie Ward for FS. 

• Like 1

Just now, JetsandI said:

Chuck Clark is a typical JD move.     Plenty of experience but none stands out.   Exchangeable with Whitehead at S.  Either or both on the board will not avert Jets from drafting a better FS.

Ya he can lay both (as can Whitehead) so if nothing else we replaced Joyner with Clark. Which is a huge upgrade. But I could see us still restructure Whitehead and still look at S in the draft or even Ward still in FA (he will be cheap and can play nickel CB as well). 

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya he can lay both (as can Whitehead) so if nothing else we replaced Joyner with Clark. Which is a huge upgrade. But I could see us still restructure Whitehead and still look at S in the draft or even Ward still in FA (he will be cheap and can play nickel CB as well). 

I have rooted for Tony Adams to increase play time in 2023.   Ward is always hurt so I welcome that.

Clark may also be a replacement for Whitehead.  Cutting Whitehead saves $10M so the net gain is $6M.  It is moves like this that make me respect JD as a GM.  A 7th rounder for a decent SS and a potential cap savings to boot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Clark may also be a replacement for Whitehead.  Cutting Whitehead saves $10M so the net gain is $6M.  It is moves like this that make me respect JD as a GM.  A 7th rounder for a decent SS and a potential cap savings to boot.

Yeah the ravens fans seem disappointed both for his on field play and leadership off the field. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

lol... it is good thing that chemistry doesn't require accounting work.

Releasing Whiteheard makes it almost 3m dead money as 7.25m cap saving.

Clark's cap charge will be 4.14m.

That makes almost 7.14m against the cap for 2023.    That's about 12k saving in hand change.

Cap saving for 2023 is around 2.09m.

If Jets manage to sign Jimmie Ward for 2m then Jets basically have Clark and Ward plus Whiteheard's dead money for Whitehead price.

40 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

That makes almost 7.14m against the cap for 2023.    That's about 12k saving in hand change.

If Jets manage to sign Jimmie Ward for 2m then Jets basically have Clark and Ward plus Whiteheard's dead money for Whitehead price.

I did not look at OTC when I said that.  I just went off the cap charges for this year.  And, yes, accounting definitely not my thing.

56 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

So we get all around better safety play for the price of 1. Sold. Whitehead was a major disappointment.