2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

We should just give him ownership of the franchise at this point. It’s sad.

Tampa traded a pick for Gronk because Brady wanted him there I honestly don't see what the problem is with signing the guy. What he will take snaps from Mims? Give me a break.

32 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Lazard as a number 3 basically replicates what Davis does, solid blocker and good chain mover.  Davis could never stay healthy and we may even save a few mil and the same time.  Seems like a win win.

This offense still runs through Wilson/Moore/Conklin/Breece with a sprinkle of CJ/Lazard which is a nice set of weapons.  Would like to see if Ruckert can find some snaps this year and in round 4-5 look for that gadget type WR with elite speed for WR#5.

I see the Schefter / Cobb tweet right as I'm typing this.  If Cobb is taking snaps from Moore, that a bad job by JD.  Not even sure I'd want him taking snaps from Mims as WR#4 but I guess that's not terrible.  Cobb is shot, 34 catches for 400 yards and 1 TD in a year where Rodgers was looking for anyone to throw to?  Bad job if Rodgers is pushing this and Moore loses snaps to that.  

Wilson, Moore, Lazard, Mims, Mid rounder with speed (looks better than)

Wilson, Moore, Lazard, Cobb, Mims

That's my issue with Cobb. He doesn't need to be starting over Moore. So if we're bringing him in and that's moves Moore to #4. I don't like that at all. But Lazard is a good #2. I think he has a role bc of his size. That GW quickly is our #1.

24 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I understand Moore but I will never understand some of your guts love for Mims. I understood it 3 years ago but people were ready to put this guy in the hall of fame going into year 2. Yeah he's 6 ft 3 runs a fast 40 and can jump high but it just hasn't translated to the NFL. Wouldn't be shocked if he isn't on the team next year.

Not so much about love for him just want to see if Rodgers can mold him into a good WR because the talent is there.  We know what Cobb is, not very good at this point in his career.  I just prefer to see upside over a declining slot WR.  Mims can be that deep threat we are still lacking.  Wilson can do it but we lack that pure deep threat which Mims can be.  Like you said 4.3 speed at 6'3" and has pretty good high point ability.  Not sure why we want more snaps for Cobb over that.  Plus Cobb is only a slot and I want more snaps for Moore.

11 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Tampa traded a pick for Gronk because Brady wanted him there I honestly don't see what the problem is with signing the guy. What he will take snaps from Mims? Give me a break.

No Moore because Cobb is a slot guy.  Mims plays the Davis role and would be overtaken by Lazard.  We need depth behind Moore so I get it but if Moore is losing snaps to Cobb then it's a problem.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not so much about love for him just want to see if Rodgers can mold him into a good WR because the talent is there.  We know what Cobb is, not very good at this point in his career.  I just prefer to see upside over a declining slot WR.  Mims can be that deep threat we are still lacking.  Wilson can do it but we lack that pure deep threat which Mims can be.  Like you said 4.3 speed at 6'3" and has pretty good high point ability.  Not sure why we want more snaps for Cobb over that.  Plus Cobb is only a slot and I want more snaps for Moore.

I don't disagree with you on a lot of that and I agree Cobb definitely is not good anymore but I don't think you can replace trust especially for Aaron. You could tell the WRs he was running with this year he had no faith in and it showed. He was constantly getting frustrated with Doubs as well as Watson earlier in the year.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

No Moore because Cobb is a slot guy.  Mims plays the Davis role and would be overtaken by Lazard.  We need depth behind Moore so I get it but if Moore is losing snaps to Cobb then it's a problem.

I don't think he will be taking snaps from moore. He didn't even get on the field in GB that much until they had injuries.