2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

If we go into training camp with Wilson, Lazard, Moore, Cobb and Mims as our top five WRs, that is really really good. Three young guys with loads of potential and (finally) a QB to get that upside out of them, and two guys who have immeasurable chemistry with said QB.

I don't see an issue here. Just because Aaron Rodgers seemed to struggle with chemistry with the likes of Romeo Doubs and Christian Watson at times in Green Bay last season, that does not mean the same thing will happen once we open camp and he starts working with Wilson, Moore and Mims. 

Wilson is our stud. No worries there. The other two guys have asked for trades recently, so they have everything to prove to Rodgers, Hackett and the entire organization. This could lead to them breaking out, or it could lead them out the door. 

But the depth looks very good on paper. 

Small minor detail but curious what they do at KR/PR.  I guess Knight can do KR but not sure how confident they are with him at PR.  If we do end up with Wilson, Moore, Lazard, Cobb do they keep a 6th WR for PR duties or cut Mims?  That would leave this WR core really small which I don't love.

27 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Tampa traded a pick for Gronk because Brady wanted him there I honestly don't see what the problem is with signing the guy. What he will take snaps from Mims? Give me a break.

Do you want him taking snaps from Moore? 

and Gronk is a HOFer lmao awful comp

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Small minor detail but curious what they do at KR/PR.  I guess Knight can do KR but not sure how confident they are with him at PR.  If we do end up with Wilson, Moore, Lazard, Cobb do they keep a 6th WR for PR duties or cut Mims?  That would leave this WR core really small which I don't love.

I imagine it's Knight in that case.

7 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Maybe you millennials should learn to recognize sarcasm. People used to have a sense of humor on this site. 

No sarcasm from you sir, you posted the same thing in two different threads, you have ants in your pants. It's pretty clear we're getting him at this point.

If you're telling me the Wilson, Lazard with Moore in the slot is our 3 WRs sets with Cobb backing up Moore and Mims backing up outside I can live with that.  I still think another big body WR to push Mims makes sense in rounds 5-6.  

Wonder how much we'd be willing to go with Jamal Williams.  A Breece/Williams backfield would be punishing.  Not sure what we do with MCII then.  Don't see it happening but we have interest for a reason.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Do you want him taking snaps from Moore? 

and Gronk is a HOFer lmao awful comp

Moore is actually a good player so no and he won't take snaps from him. Only reason Cobb was getting snaps last year was because of Injuries and due to the fact that he was surrounded by actual rookies. Go look at the snap counts if you don't believe me.

Mims will be lucky to make the team. He's been on the team 3 years and has 0 touchdowns and has only caught 19 passes in the last 2 years combined. It is absolutely wild the delusion people on this forum have about him. I remember going into year 2 people thought he was gonna be an all pro and dude had 8 catches. He's a bust.

And it's not a bad comparison. Cobb will cost virtually nothing and just provides depth at WR because as crazy as this may sound injuries happen in the NFL. And Rodgers trusts him. Am I going to trade a 2nd round pick for the guy or pay him 20 mil a year? No. But he won't cost anything and our potential new QB Likes him.

5 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

No sarcasm from you sir, you posted the same thing in two different threads, you have ants in your pants. It's pretty clear we're getting him at this point.

Fair enough. It’s all good. I think we’re getting him too.

And I appreciate your use of the phrase “ants in your pants” and calling me a geezer so someone my age can understand your post. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Fair enough. It’s all good. I think we’re getting him too.

And I appreciate your use of the phrase “ants in your pants” and calling me a geezer so someone my age can understand your post. 

FWIW I have no idea about your age, I'm simply going off the avatar for reference. Lol.

• Like 1