2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

8 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Stop. Lewis is a 6th lineman, Williams is a goal-line/power back which we may wind up needing depending on Breece's health, and Lazard/Cobb always were going to be involved.

The reality is you're looking at Cobb and Moore splitting reps in the slot with Moore getting the lion's share, and Lazard replacing Davis for likely less $$. It's not bad that we're getting these guys that know the system and the QB.

Cobb shouldn’t be splitting anything Moore. 

Breece has a torn ACL we have no idea how he’ll be and when he’ll be able to play. I’m not even counting on him this season.

Edited by KingOfNewYork

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Breece has a torn ACL we have no idea how he’ll be and when he’ll be able to play. I’m not even counting on him this season.

Both AVT and Breece should be ready by training camp.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

A healthy Corey Davis is definitely better than Lazard. 

Cobb we shouldn’t even sign

He's never healthy though. I never said a healthy Davis isn't better than Lazard. I said Lazard > Davis. And that is with me 100% taking into account his availability.

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Cobb I agree with you, but tbh I can see a scenario where we trade Moore and sign OBJ as WR2, and then Cobb and Lazard split reps depending on the packages we run. That's not a bad move if you consider OBJ an upgrade on Moore and the fact that we recoup a pick if we trade Moore.

If Breece isn't 100% then all the more reason for insurance in the form of a guy like Williams right? I mean familiarity amongst the system/staff/players isnt bad in my estimation. And he's a great leader.

The the moves in and of themselves aren't horrible, but the fact that someone who isn't even signed to our team yet is playing GM is a huge problem. It's almost like JD took two steps forward as GM with us and is now taking three steps back by yielding all this power to one player.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

In the scenario we add Lazard and Beckham there’s just no way you can keep Moore too. Not enough snaps to go around and dude was already unhappy with his usage last season.

Wilson too.   no ball.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

You guys are bugging out. I think some of you only watch the jets and it shows. It's not a big deal a lot of people only watch their favorite team but If you actually watched Green Bay play last year Cobb was only out there because of injury essentially as well as to give guys breathers as well as some 3rd down situations because rodgers trusts him. The Packers WR room was banged up all year and he was still only 4th in snap count at WR behind 2 rookies in Doubs and Watson nonetheless. Hell even Sammy Watkins was getting more snaps than him before they got rid of him. 

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and relax. Moore's snaps are not going anywhere. The only way he loses them is if he self sabotages himself again. Everything will be fine. 

I think replacing Davis with Lazard is more of a problem as Davis is a much better player but if Him and Aaron have chemistry that's totally fine as well especially because Davis can't stay healthy.

Oh, and once again Mims is legitimately awful. 19 catches in the past 2 years and 0 career TDs yet a lot of you still think he's the next Randy Moss. Give it up. I wouldn't even be shocked if he doesn't make the team. He sucks. Sometimes potential doesn't always pan out in the NFL.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

You guys are bugging out. I think some of you only watch the jets and it shows. It's not a big deal a lot of people only watch their favorite team but If you actually watched Green Bay play last year Cobb was only out there because of injury essentially as well as to give guys breathers as well as some 3rd down situations because rodgers trusts him. The Packers WR room was banged up all year and he was still only 4th in snap count at WR behind 2 rookies in Doubs and Watson nonetheless. Hell even Sammy Watkins was getting more snaps than him before they got rid of him. 

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and relax. Moore's snaps are not going anywhere. The only way he loses them is if he self sabotages himself again. Everything will be fine. 

I think replacing Davis with Lazard is more of a problem as Davis is a much better player but if Him and Aaron have chemistry that's totally fine as well especially because Davis can't stay healthy.

Oh, and once again Mims is legitimately awful. 19 catches in the past 2 years and 0 career TDs yet a lot of you still think he's the next Randy Moss. Give it up. I wouldn't even be shocked if he doesn't make the team. He sucks. Sometimes potential doesn't always pan out in the NFL.

The reality is this:

OBJ > Moore - this is an upgrade and allows us to recoup some draft comp for Moore if things aren't working out for him here.

Davis could possibly be a bit better than Lazard, but it wouldn't be by much and it's our third receiver and 4th or 5th option in the passing game. Lazard's best contribution will come as a blocker.

And as you said Cobb probably won't be on the field a whole lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Give Davis a year with a HOF QB and im sure hes surpassing 1000 yards if hes healthy, obvious the main caveat. Lazard has gotten 5 years and hasnt eclipsed 800 yards. He is a WR3 on this team honestly.

Davis never did it as WR1 in TEN or here.  HOF QB sure but he's #4-5 in targets behind Wilson, Conklin, Moore, Breece.  He's not getting 1k unless you think we'll have 3 WRs with 1k and a 600+ yard WR.  Davis is a 600-700 yard WR at best on this team as is Lazard.

Lazard was mostly behind Adams who was a target hog and Cobb as well while being still a run heavy team like we will be.  GB was middle of the pack at best in pass attempts.

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

The reality is this:

OBJ > Moore - this is an upgrade and allows us to recoup some draft comp for Moore if things aren't working out for him here.

Davis could possibly be a bit better than Lazard, but it wouldn't be by much and it's our third receiver and 4th or 5th option in the passing game. Lazard's best contribution will come as a blocker.

And as you said Cobb probably won't be on the field a whole lot.

Yes sir. Agreed with all of this. If it also makes our QB more comfortable it's a win.