2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Supposedly Jackson’s knee will require some reconstructive surgery. I’m out on him if so. If it’s just rest and rehab fine but a procedure plus picks plus that contract. That’s a huge risk.

Agreed. I think the picks and the contract is still a no for me but adding surgery would be an abysmal move for us. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed. I think the picks and the contract is still a no for me but adding surgery would be an abysmal move for us. 

Yeah it’s setting us up for failure if he’s unable to be the Lamar we’re trading for and paying. Ravens are a quality organization, there’s a reason they hit a contract stalemate.

Joe Brady, Bills QB Coach as new offensive coordinator.

Tony Sparano Jr., Giants asst. OL coach as new Offensive Line Coach and run game Coordinator.

Joe Lombardi, soon to be former Chargers Offensive Coordinator as Senior Offensive Assistant.

Why?

Brady and Sparano worked together in Carolina for a year, both then went and work for similar offenses, Brady with Dorsey who worked under Daboll who Sparano joined. Sparano, son of the late Tony Sparano, is well versed in OL coaching and the run game and helped oversee an improved Giants OL and run game along with helping Andrew Thomas become an All-Pro as well improvements from several Giants OL. Brady learned from Sean Payton as well along with Lombardi who people have often criticized for holding Herbert back but he has made Herbert one of the best short, tight window passers in the league. 

Marrying disciples of Payton, Daboll and Sparano into a very unique, explosive offense would be amazing because we could attack teams in multiple ways and utilize all the skill players we currently have.

So even if we don’t do this specifically I’d love to see something similar done. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not going to get my hopes up... I'm not going to get my hopes up.. I'm not going to get my hopes up

What is the appeal about Lamar Jackson? I’m genuinely curious. 

he’s like the 6th best QB in the AFC just going off the top of my head, injury prone, hasn’t come close to his MVP season that he had in 2019, has bad playoff numbers, wants to be the highest paid guy in the league. “Model” franchise letting him walk away. What am I missing?

I don’t understand why fans want to mortgage everything on such a risky move. The last time Lamar Jackson played, the Jets were 7-4 lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

What is the appeal about Lamar Jackson? I’m genuinely curious. 

he’s like the 6th best QB in the AFC just going off the top of my head, injury prone, hasn’t come close to his MVP season that he had in 2019, has bad playoff numbers, wants to be the highest paid guy in the league. “Model” franchise letting him walk away. What am I missing?

I don’t understand why fans want to mortgage everything on such a risky move. The last time Lamar Jackson played, the Jets were 7-4 lol

I don’t want him. Never mind the huge trade package and contract you’d have to give him…. But the guys playing style isn’t suitable to long term success. And his arm isn’t good enough to win games regularly if he can’t run. He’s also not built string to take hits like an Allen, Jones, Fields, etc. Hence why he already has had multiple teams he’s missed time.

For me his talent is great. But his window to be great is small. And his contract will force a team to pay him longer than that window is.

For me his window to be great is only a few more years. So he’s not a solution long term to our QB problem. He’s a few year Band aid like most the guys we will look into. He will just cost significantly more.

Give me Carr over him all day.

The trade package would be a fraction of what it’d take to get Lamar.

I think the window for them to be good is the same.

And Carr won’t cost as much contract wise as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I want nothing to do with Lamar. His legs are already starting to slow down. His knee is not good and his ball placement is not good. He has the arm strength to make the throws but I want ball placement before power. 

I just don't want to spend the money or picks.

Carr should be cheaper and would be a good stop-gap as we try and develop a QB from either this or the next draft (or maybe Zach breaks out?). It's the one strategy we haven't tried in a years, and the one I think is most likely to produce a franchise QB.

• Like 1