2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

7 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

No one has entertained my question...besides Hooker, is there anyone worth it this year?  I'm leaning 2024.

Let's load up the OL and fill in defense.  

I doubt the Jets go with a developmental starting prospect this year. If anything, they may take a guy to be a career backup but I doubt even that.

Reports say they are in talks with White presumably as a primary backup. Wilson will be developed or released by 2024. Not sure where a rookie would fit this year except PS.

My guess is that they look to 2024 which may be a better QB class if Wilson does not advance this year.

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

True.

But nonetheless I want a competition. I think that will do a lot for the team. 

I think the opposite. Get a guy in here that’s for sure the starter. Let that 1st team get in sync with each other. That timing with receivers, knowing when to sit down in zones where the QB likes. OL knowing a mental clock as to when typically the QB gets rid of the ball. All helps. You start doing 1/2 the reps to one guy, 1/2 to another. And the starters are being affected by that other 50%. 

2 names I expect us to look into in FA are at C in Pocic and Bradberry. Bradberry hasn't graded out great, but has the tools. Change of scenery and in a different system should only help him and he's still young. Pocic on the other hand grades out as a top 5 C. But he also has great OG play on either side of him and overall a great OL around him. So that should be factored in when thinking of how much should we pay him. There's risk in that he's not as good individually as he grades out. 

18 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Miss him as a poster. Was here for over a decade. 

Loved when he came back under a different account, took all of about 2 seconds to realize who it was lol. He's active on another site, or at least I'm 99% sure.. go there just to read his content now & again. 

9 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

No one has entertained my question...besides Hooker, is there anyone worth it this year?  I'm leaning 2024.

I'm looking more into the 2024 draft for a developmental QB. But you could throw Richardson in that conversation if he slips to the 3rd or so. Not sure that happens. But that's only where I'd consider it.

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

2 names I expect us to look into in FA are at C in Pocic and Bradberry. Bradberry hasn't graded out great, but has the tools. Change of scenery and in a different system should only help him and he's still young. Pocic on the other hand grades out as a top 5 C. But he also has great OG play on either side of him and overall a great OL around him. So that should be factored in when thinking of how much should we pay him. There's risk in that he's not as good individually as he grades out. 

I’m fine with CMG and drafting one of the 6 Centers in this class who have potential to start by 2024. Very deep class.  

11 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Loved when he came back under a different account, took all of about 2 seconds to realize who it was lol. He's active on another site, or at least I'm 99% sure.. go there just to read his content now & again. 

He actually came back twice under different names. Webmaster and him must've got into it as well. Because he told me he made a bunch of accounts before he initially got banned. And he deleted those accounts. And I was told by him to tell him if any new members were thought to be him. I know before he initially got banned he was getting into it and would attack people personally. Obviously on a board like this, people have different opinions. But that's where the line gets drawn. When posters start taking the debate personal and all.

Part of it sucks bc he was a a smart poster. Knew his crap. But 100% had the mindset that if you didn't agree with him... you were an idiot and he'd tell you that. Very cocky. I wish he could've put that ego to the side and been open to others opinions. Unfortunately that just wasn't true at that time. Maybe he's more mature now... but not sure Webmaster would even let him back.

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I’m fine with CMG and drafting one of the 6 Centers in this class who have potential to start by 2024. Very deep class.  

I'm fine with CMG as well. But also wouldn't hate the idea of using that money elsewhere or upgrade from him and draft a guy early.

10 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Same. I don't mind taking a late round flyer on a QB ala Purdy and the like, but I don't think it's worth it to waste a premium pick on this class unless their name is Young or Stroud. I'd rather load up elsewhere, establish our core, give Wilson another year to progress under a quality veteran QB, and then assess whether or not we need to start developing a new QB in 2024 (assuming our vet is still a quality starter for 2024).

But if we end up with like Mayfield or Minshew as our vet, then all that goes out the window and I'm back to panicking.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the opposite. Get a guy in here that’s for sure the starter. Let that 1st team get in sync with each other. That timing with receivers, knowing when to sit down in zones where the QB likes. OL knowing a mental clock as to when typically the QB gets rid of the ball. All helps. You start doing 1/2 the reps to one guy, 1/2 to another. And the starters are being affected by that other 50%. 

They'll adjust. Let's say you bring in Carr and name him starter but he's outplayed by Wilson in camp and in the pre-season. How do you not play Wilson week 1 if he's been the best QB during the spring and summer?