2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

The crazy part about all this was how I was the one defending Zach to finish the year by saying White wasn’t better than Wilson. Now with the names possibly out there for us and the way the season ended. I want something bigger than the minuscule hope I might have in Wilson still. I want a legit starter in here. That’s all we need to be a playoff team.

1 hour ago, Greene N White said:

Aside from the QB discussion I personally think it's crazy that people are criticizing Saleh as much as they are. For our defense to go from last in the league to one of the top units this year is super impressive and I see him as a great leader and BY FAR the best we've had in years. It's crazy how we can go into the year with 0 expectations then get into the playoff hunt and now that there are expectations demand more out of the guy. He's obviously made a few mistakes on the offensive side of the ball but he seems to be building a winning culture. 

1. Saleh 100% deserves criticism. 

2. ‘Winning culture’….do me a favour. We bottled it and lost six straight. 

3. Our defense had two shut down corners brought in by Jd. We also drafted 2 pass rushers in addition to our high priced pass rusher from last year. Yet…we still couldn’t get the job done when it mattered. The stats are miscalculated due to the amount of games we played against backup qbs or in horrendous weather conditions (Bills and Patriots) 

4. Saleh went back to Zach when the season was on the line. The same Zach you’ve been bashing for 10 pages straight. Yet he doesn’t deserve criticism?!?!? 

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

1. Saleh 100% deserves criticism. 

2. ‘Winning culture’….do me a favour. We bottled it and lost six straight. 

3. Our defense had two shut down corners brought in by Jd. We also drafted 2 pass rushers in addition to our high priced pass rusher from last year. Yet…we still couldn’t get the job done when it mattered. The stats are miscalculated due to the amount of games we played against backup qbs or in horrendous weather conditions (Bills and Patriots) 

4. Saleh went back to Zach when the season was on the line. The same Zach you’ve been bashing for 10 pages straight. Yet he doesn’t deserve criticism?!?!? 

I wasn't bashing Zach until the end of the season. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for the first year and a half. I agree he deserved to be benched after the second NE game but I didn't lose all faith. It wasn't until Mike White went down and he came back it was clear he was just lost out there and lost all of his confidence. I don't care if he threw for 300 against detroit the kid was lost. Saleh went back to him because of injury. What choice did he have? He tried everything in his power not to but his options were limited.

The first 11 weeks of last season felt different than it had in years from a culture stand point as far as I'm concerned. The guy inherited a pretty bad team and had them playing good football for 11 weeks. We all know in this league you will not go anywhere without at least average qb play and he didn't get that. Had he gotten average qb play he would've taken the laughing stock of the league to the postseason in 2 seasons. 

The way the league is set up these days it's pretty much "Get a franchise qb within 3 years or you're axed". But it's all good because as long as he gets someone he trusts under center I have confidence he will prove a lot of people wrong.

Maybe they are telling the truth, but what else would the Ravens say?  You gotta be completely braindead if u think they would or any team for that matter would just go to a press conference and say “ yeah we have no intention of signing Lamar to a long term deal and will definitely trade him for the right offer”

21 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Maybe they are telling the truth, but what else would the Ravens say?  You gotta be completely braindead if u think they would or any team for that matter would just go to a press conference and say “ yeah we have no intention of signing Lamar to a long term deal and will definitely trade him for the right offer”

Him having a say or opinion on the OC hire is huge.