2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

A week or so ago one of the guys on our board said the O line is 

thin in this year's draft sure looks like he is right. Only Skoronski, Johnson, & Jones are top rated. There is a huge drop off after those three. But you never know.  One thing for sure once again there will be three QB's drafted in the first top ten picks in the draft B Young, CJ Stroud & W.Levis .

Just as a side note, We had worst run blocking team in the NFL last year, and in case you don't know it Hackett is a run first OC. and that is a fact.

It was only the other day people were saying we can draft a tackle in the mid rounds as it’s a deep OT class.

Literally the contrasting posts on the daily have me in stitches. 

42 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Also don’t know if this was talked about but MLF to the rams. Obviously mcvay is running the show over there but guys such as his brother, O’Connell, and zac Taylor have all worked under him to become viable head coaching options. Something interesting to think about.

It’s the perfect reunion. Saleh rolls with Wilson at QB and gets fired and we hire MLF as our HC next offseason. 

22 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

I think for all sense and purposes we are pretty much in agreement it’s just we slightly differ on the compensation cost. Ultimately I think it will be somewhere in the ball park we’ve discussed. 

There's historical precedent of players being used as trade filler between draft picks (see Byron Maxwell trade in 2016).  This was a trade that allowed the Jets to keep 2023 draft picks to surround Rodgers.

18 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

It was only the other day people were saying we can draft a tackle in the mid rounds as it’s a deep OT class.

Literally the contrasting posts on the daily have me in stitches. 

Yea it is hard to believe that there is only a handful of Offensive Lineman in the draft that are good. The guys on this board are playing the Arron Rogers deal cool, it really is a wait see what happens deal. There is no doubt Woody Johnson will have the final say and rightfully so. The whole future of the Jets is in Woody & Douglas's hands. 

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

There's historical precedent of players being used as trade filler between draft picks (see Byron Maxwell trade in 2016).  This was a trade that allowed the Jets to keep 2023 draft picks to surround Rodgers.

I wonder if they’d like the idea of taking Corey Davis off our hands. We can easily cut him. But for them with switching to a new QB and likely losing Lazard and Cobb. They have a need at WR. Rework his deal since he still has a few good years left (if he can stay healthy). But would be a sweetener in a deal.

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I wonder if they’d like the idea of taking Corey Davis off our hands. We can easily cut him. But for them with switching to a new QB and likely losing Lazard and Cobb. They have a need at WR. Rework his deal since he still has a few good years left (if he can stay healthy). But would be a sweetener in a deal.

I see what you are saying, but it so hard to judge our receivers in 2022 the QB's were just so bad, three of our wins in the first half of the season were because of Davis. I don't think it is fair to judge guys like Moore, Davis, Smith, and even Mims till we get a real QB. How we do that I have no idea.  

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I see what you are saying, but it so hard to judge our receivers in 2022 the QB's were just so bad, three of our wins in the first half of the season were because of Davis. I don't think it is fair to judge guys like Moore, Davis, Smith, and even Mims till we get a real QB. How we do that I have no idea.  

I’m just saying he could be added in a trade to sweeten the deal. We’re cutting him anyway more than likely (maybe we bring him back for cheap, but I doubt it). So let’s say we do a trade of something like our 2nd this year and a 2nd next year that becomes a 1st if we make the AFCCG and Rodgers doesn’t retire. And goes to a 3rd if he retires. Add Davis to the deal and that’s in essence getting a mid late round pick as well. And can be restructured for them. They pretty much only have Watson at WR next year so far. So it could be enticing for them.

14 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

What about a 3rd and a conditional pick after that based on if he returns for a 2nd year? 

Only if Packers manage to free up about 40m in cap space by the midst of March.  That is only way Packers can get more in return.  Would give it a thought if he has a several suitors in June.

• Like 1

I think Vegas and the Jets are likely the two teams in the hunt for Rodgers

Carr has 16 days left on his deadline. This could be a huge factor if the Rodgers situation plays out longer than expected. 

Jimmy G is interesting because if health wasn't an issue, he would be the guy. With him, you know he can get the job done with talent around him. I'm curious to see if the 49ers decide to trade one of their younger QBs, would they try to bring Jimmy G. Back? This could very well turn into a RG3 & Kirk Cousins situation. Especially if Purdy makes it to the Super Bowl. I can't imagine the 23yr old being bench after that. 

Daniel Jones is still on my list because I haven't heard much about him being resigned. My interest isn't based on his performance last season, I often think about his rookie year. I have my concerns about his ability to attack down field, but I think he can be a really good QB in the right system. 

If we strike out with all 4 some how, I'd resign Mike White and pick up someone like Mariota, Brissett, and Mills for competition. I'm really interested in Davis Mills. 3rd round pick who had 2 bridge coaches in his first two seasons. Not a lot of talent around him in year one. His name wouldn't light up Jets fans, but he could be a huge steal. 

Even if we go big for a QB, I still want another backup like C.J. Beathard

If Rodgers can be had at anything less than 2 1st it’s a no brainer. Never thought that was the actual price. But we shouldn’t lose this trade bc of price if it’s a 2nd and a conditional pick in 2024 to get him. That would be idiotic for the FO to miss out on him at that price and what we have in place.