2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

19 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

LOL dude there are PLENTY of reasons this wont be the cost. 

GB needs to get up in the draft do they not? Or go with Jordan Love? Nah... trade up for Stroud is the play. They need at least another 1st to do that. If you think they are dealing Rogers for a mid 1st you mad. Where are the Jets? 14-16 in the draft? Packers need at least that pick to move up, then build around Stroud or whomever else is out there with the remaining picks.

Edited by WheatieMan

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If he is our best option, waiting for him to get cut maybe a bad idea. We don't have a lot of money right now, so we would have to free up about $30M+ in cap space just to be considered. If we trade for him and restructure his deal, we can include guys like Lawson in the deal to help with the cap situation. 

Just offer him a minimum base salary with heavy bonus that will kick in on 5th day of new league year.  That way Jets will have some time to tweak the roster cap.  That is for Carr as a FA.

Trading for Carr is tricky as Jets will have to tweak "IMMEDIATELY" the roster cap, Carr's included, on the 1st day of new league year.   

We’re going to mortgage our future to possibly, maybe make the playoffs lol. 

Sign Jimmy G, make him the QB1. If Zach beats him out then cool, if not roll with Jimmy until he gets injured and play Zach. Team will either compete for a playoff spot or implode. If they implode you start over. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Sign Jimmy G, make him the QB1. If Zach beats him out then cool, if not roll with Jimmy until he gets injured and play Zach. Team will either compete for a playoff spot or implode. If they implode you start over. 

Wouldn’t be upset with that. But GB has no leverage with a trade right now. AFC teams only, one or two other teams interested, big contract, it’s Joe Douglas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

GB needs to get up in the draft do they not? Or go with Jordan Love? Nah... trade up for Stroud is the play. They need at least another 1st to do that. If you think they are dealing Rogers for a mid 1st you mad. Where are the Jets? 14-16 in the draft? Packers need at least that pick to move up, then build around Stroud or whomever else is out there with the remaining picks.

They're almost certainly going to roll with Jordan Love.  I'd put the odds of them taking a QB in R1 at 0%.

28 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I mean, if you wanna try and do what San Francisco has been doing for the four years all the power to you.  But don't be surprised when you're QB shopping again in a couple of years.

57 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Those pick(s) would almost certainly be conditional picks based on Rodgers playing and/or team success.

Two seconds that can become 1sts? That to me is fair, but the minimum compensation has to be huge. I think 3 2nds and a 3rd is the minimum it will take.

Edited by WheatieMan

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Mortgage our Future.  I'm sorry if you arent named AVT, Sauce, Q OR GW what first rounds picks do we have that are any good?  How many are still with the team?  Still in the league?  We have not been a great drafting team.  Trading for Rodgers makes us a potential top 10 team.  Not just playoffs but actual contenders.  How many NFC title games did Rodgers make with a bottom tier defense.  Jimmy G doesnt give us a shot against Mahomes or Burrow.  

Yes I know its 2 or 3 years tops.  But 2 years of deep playoff runs while he and Hackett also fix ZW I'll sign up for all day.  ZW beats of Jimmy G in training camp the team will fold like a lawn chair his first bad game.  No thank you.  

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

Two seconds that can become 1sts? That to me is fair, but the minimum compensation has to be huge. I think 3 2nds and a 3rd is the minimum it will take.

Presumably speaking, the package that you were discussing with their FRP and SRP this year plus a SRP next year.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if you wanna try and do what San Francisco has been doing for the four years all the power to you.  But don't be surprised when you're QB shopping again in a couple of years.

We’ll be doing that anyway even with Rodgers. He’s got a year left maybe two. I’d rather take Jimmy G and keep my picks.