Who should be held accountable?

AlexGreen#20

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Haloti Ngata wasn't worth a top 5 pick when the Packers were drafting.  LIS, there were two studs left in the draft in Hawk and Davis.

Didn't Ngata have an issue with his heart that made him slide as well?

I also recall the Davis not wanting to go to GB talk.  I believe there was an outside shot of the Packers taking Michael Huff at 5 as well.

3 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I think it should solve the issue of blown coverages a la NFC divisional vs Cardinals or several others.  I don't think we are losing anything explosive by being a more consistent team with a simpler scheme.

I don't think the defensive scheme aligns with the organizational philosphy of playing and drafting young players.  They are not set up to succeed like they would be in simpler schemes.

v8ccqht.jpg

Hundley hasn't developed as planned and the drop off is huge.  I don't expect him to be Aaron Rodgers, but I do expect better.  Who's job is it to make sure he's ready?  Alex Van Pelt, the QB coach?  I think so, I know MM has a big part in this as well, but MM isn't going anywhere.  The ax falls on Van Pelt, Mike McCoy or Ben McAdoo could be replacements.

The other offensive coaches should be safe, injuries and poor drafting is the key at those spots.  Let's talk defense, I wouldn't cry if Capers was released.  Two possible replacements are HC that could be looking for jobs next season, Lewis (Bengals) and Bowles (Jets).  Others could be Horten (Ravens), Greene (Jets) and Steelers LB coach Olsansky.  OLBers have taken a hit since Greene left, so Winston Moss would be another victim of the ax.   Sorry, no names as possible LB coach, wait, just for NormSizedMidget, LSU DC and former Badger DC Aranda. Whitt and Perry could be considered for DC.

Zook, ST coach, aaah, yeah he gone!  Sorry, no names as replacement.  Injuries have played a major part to this years problem, so I would be looking into that and some heads should roll. The trainers and medical staff should be looked at.

TT should retire, tonight we will see why TJ Watt should have been the pick in rd #1.  We all know the names of possible replacements.  Now, I could be wrong, but I thought I had read somewhere that the Seahawks GM did have an out if the Green Bay job opened up, I believe him and his wife are from the Green Bay area.  Again, not positive.

The fact is, someone will have to answer for this years mess, just who?  Well, we will have to wait and see.

5 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

There's no need to defend against what I wrote in my post Pug. I wasn't stating that via my opinion, I'm just saying that's all been said time and time again as a comparison to the Adams situation. Although I do undoubtedly think Capers needs to go. 

I do too.  I'll be super disappointed if he returns next season.  :(

5 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

That’s Seattle draft made a quarter of a Billion Dollars. It’s described as their “Dream Draft” by Seattle reporters. And Schneider’s earlier years, when he was less removed from Ted Thompson, were his best drafts. Not exactly realistic to hit 5-6 home runs over a two year span like that. And Schneider’s recent work has been arguably WORSE than Ted’s since 2013. 

Also noticed all the great value players you listed are from areas Ted has drafted well from.

Seattle could also spend more on their roster when Wilson wasn't making the big bucks like he is now.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can't tell if your serious.

Yeah, I am serious.  Leonhard has done a good job for Wisconsin, but, he's not ready for a pro DC job.  I could see him as a DB coach or even ST coach in the pro's some day first, before he gets a shot at DC.

Just now, jleisher said:

Yeah, I am serious.  Leonhard has done a good job for Wisconsin, but, he's not ready for a pro DC job.  I could see him as a DB coach or even ST coach in the pro's some day first, before he gets a shot at DC.

Why on earth would he take that demotion?

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why on earth would he take that demotion?

Demotion?  Money talks!  UW doesn't pay that well compared to other schools.  Any pro team could come in and offer some more cash and the challenge of the pro's and he could be had.  To be honest with you, I could see Leonard becoming the Badgers HC some day.  UW think very highly of him.

Just now, jleisher said:

Demotion?  Money talks!  UW doesn't pay that well compared to other schools.  Any pro team could come in and offer some more cash and the challenge of the pro's and he could be had.  To be honest with you, I could see Leonard becoming the Badgers HC some day.  

Leonard is going to be a college HC at a power 5 school in the next 3 years if the defense continues to be a top 20 unit.

Why would he move to the NFL only to have to fight his way up again?

Leonard's making $625,000 this year. What do you think an NFL DB coach makes? 

3 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I think it should solve the issue of blown coverages a la NFC divisional vs Cardinals or several others.  I don't think we are losing anything explosive by being a more consistent team with a simpler scheme.

I don't think the defensive scheme aligns with the organizational philosphy of playing and drafting young players.  They are not set up to succeed like they would be in simpler schemes.

Except scheme doesn't really affect the blown coverages, or at least in the sense that you seem to imply.  The difference between the 34 and 43 defenses have more to do with disguising where that 4th pass rusher is coming from.  In a 43 defense, you pretty much know that the pass rushers are the two ends and two defensive tackles.  In a 34 defense, it's coming from your 3 DL and one of your OLB.  That's one of the advantages of a 34 defense.  Another one was that there tends to be more undersized pass rushers available in the draft, and when the Packers converted to a 34 defense years ago majority of the teams fielded a 43 defense.  So if that's an advantage still is up for debate.  And I'd honestly make the argument that we're closer to a 43 defense than a 34 defense given that we play predominantly nickel and where we line up our OLBs.

Archived