SNF week 18: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

Louis Friend

1 minute ago, Nnivolcm said:

I'm aware. You asked me to show you what you said. I did.

I asked you to show me where I said sacks don’t count. You showed me where I said none of his sacks in the Commanders/Jags game were legit and they weren’t. He got gifted a good 5 sacks this season. Nobody can deny that. 

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I asked you to show me where I said sacks don’t count. You showed me where I said none of his sacks in the Commanders/Jags game were legit and they weren’t. He got gifted a good 5 sacks this season. Nobody can deny that. 

"legit", short for "legitimate" (adjective):

being exactly as intended or presented : neither spurious nor false

You asked me to show you were you said Hutch's sacks don't count. I quoted you saying some of his sacks weren't "legit". 

You seem to be questioning the quote then expanding on why some of his sacks don't count. 

I gotta admit, you've got me confused on your position here. Just like I was confused when Balke drafted Walker first overall.

11 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

"legit", short for "legitimate" (adjective):

being exactly as intended or presented : neither spurious nor false

You asked me to show you were you said Hutch's sacks don't count. I quoted you saying some of his sacks weren't "legit". 

You seem to be questioning the quote then expanding on why some of his sacks don't count. 

I gotta admit, you've got me confused on your position here. Just like I was confused when Balke drafted Walker first overall.

You keep saying I said his sacks don’t count. Lol

Obviously they count. Half were sacks gifted to him, hence why they werent “legit”. There’s a difference between what he did in his sacks against the Boys/Vikes for example and how he got his sacks against the Commanders/Jags. Not hard to understand.

12 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You keep saying I said his sacks don’t count. Lol

Obviously they count. Half were sacks gifted to him, hence why they werent “legit”. There’s a difference between what he did in his sacks against the Boys/Vikes for example and how he got his sacks against the Commanders/Jags. Not hard to understand.

Saying sacks are not legitimate is saying they don't count. There's no amount of backpedaling that can change that.

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

Saying sacks are not legitimate is saying they don't count. There's no amount of backpedaling that can change that.

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p/the-2022-true-sack-rate-tsr-week-512

would be a good read for you tbh

When I say they aren’t legit, means they aren’t impressive. Why would I say they wouldn’t count? 

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I even said earlier they weren’t quality sacks. Never said they didn’t count.

That article I linked goes into detail about it.

I quoted you and merriam webster to you. There's really nothing more that I can say. 

3 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Giving yourself a chance to win a SB by getting into the tournament isn’t meaningless. 

What do the Lions gain by that game last night? Momentum heading into 2023? They played good ball down the stretch and have a bright future but that game had the same meaning as a pre-season game for them. They were going home win or lose. They eliminated a team which allowed the team that eliminated them to get in. Congrats I guess. 

Just pointing out that you said the goal was just to get in. To me, that goal is closer to finishing how the Lions did than it is to winning the Superbowl, so I'm not sure why you're insulting the former. 

Not to mention, I don't see anyone claiming that the Lions even reached their goal. That doesn't mean that finishing with a winning record and sending the longtime division leading Packers home is meaningless.