SNF week 18: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

Louis Friend

If the NFL were truly afraid of putting the Jaguars on NBC tonight, then Lions-Packers and Rams-Seahawks should have aired on SNF regionally tonight, with the former game on NBC in the East, and the latter game on NBC in the West, with a reverse mirror on USA (which would have replaced a marathon of L&O SVU repeats) so that Sunday Ticket wouldn't be needed. It would have been the first time NBC had regional NFL coverage since December 21, 1997.

Because they didn't do that, the Lions can now only play spoiler to the Packers. I'm willing to bet that the NFL will regret putting DET-GB on SNF alone tonight, no matter how big a name the Packers are.

Disappointed it’s not a win and in game for both, but I know it won’t make any difference as to how hard Detroit plays. Only difference is they’ll surely approach any injuries much more conservatively.

Rooting for Packers, I don’t think Seattle has a prayer vs 49ers. Yes, I know 49ers have dominated Packers in postseason as of late, but 49ers dominated Seattle this year… twice. Not great odds for either, but I trust Rodgers more, and I’d like as easy a path as possible for Eagles.

I'd argue this game is about 95% as important to the Lions as it would have been if they weren't eliminated. 

They have to put an exclamation point on this season and let Green Bay know they'll have to deal with them for years to come. 

They weren't going to the Super Bowl this year anyway. Ending the year with a tough performance in a big game with everyone watching, will do almost as much for them going into 2023 as a playoff berth would have.

• Like 2

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Disappointed it’s not a win and in game for both, but I know it won’t make any difference as to how hard Detroit plays. Only difference is they’ll surely approach any injuries much more conservatively.

Rooting for Packers, I don’t think Seattle has a prayer vs 49ers. Yes, I know 49ers have dominated Packers in postseason as of late, but 49ers dominated Seattle this year… twice. Not great odds for either, but I trust Rodgers more, and I’d like as easy a path as possible for Eagles.

Rodgers is 0-4 against the 49ers in the postseason. This is because he personally directed the team to throw each of these games as he was a 49ers fan growing up.

If Packers win tonight no way Rodgers gets the nod in SF.

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

Rodgers is 0-4 against the 49ers in the postseason. This is because he personally directed the team to throw each of these games as he was a 49ers fan growing up.

Good thing Brock Purdy won't be playing the Dolphins in the playoffs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952vpgbgxo96beoazgz2on

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

About equally as afraid of Seattle/GB as a matchup for SF, so I'm just rooting for Rodgers to lose tonight

Have absolutely no fear of Seattle, tbh. Geno has not been nearly as good at the end of the year and now they are without Brooks. Definitely prefer to face Seattle over GB . We also know that their line can't handle the 49er front like at all. Especially Bosa. 

4 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Mal Reynolds GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2