2022 Super Wildcard Weekend: (3) Vikings vs (6) Giants

NYRaider

Who wins  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Vikings
    • Giants

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

No, there is nothing substantive behind this idea. It’s just a lazy, empty take. 

I'm not surprised you're deflecting after all the terrible defenses of this team you've made. But hey, like I said, the results speak for themselves.

• Like 2

Damn I really thought the Vikings would win at least one game. Defense in the playoffs is just too vital. Can't blame this one on Cousins? Didn't see most of the game live, so I don't know the buzz on how he played overall, but yeah...giving up 31 points to the Giants at home in the playoffs is bad. 

Good on NYG though. What a great coaching job by Daboll. He's got to have secured COTY even more so now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Guys the Vikings winning close games at an unprecedented rate had NOTHING to do with luck. It wasn’t lucky at all that JJ had maybe the greatest catch ever on fourth and long and then Josh Allen fumbled the snap in his own end zone. It wasn’t lucky at all lucky the Colts blew the largest lead in NFL history. (Anyone got more of the top of their head?) They just had a really good offense!!!(that couldn’t win a shootout vs Daniel Jones)

No luck needed! At all!

I read somewhere that it was because they had grit and worked harder than most to achieve those consecutive 1 score wins in the regular season.  shame they weren't able to show that in the biggest game of the season

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Damn I really thought the Vikings would win at least one game. Defense in the playoffs is just too vital. Can't blame this one on Cousins? Didn't see most of the game live, so I don't know the buzz on how he played overall, but yeah...giving up 31 points to the Giants at home in the playoffs is bad. 

Good on NYG though. What a great coaching job by Daboll. He's got to have secured COTY even more so now. 

Cousins played well imo. Just made the wrong throw at the end and looked like he panicked with the pressure. 

Giants defense on the other hand gave up so many open throws. They better clean it up before next week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Damn I really thought the Vikings would win at least one game. Defense in the playoffs is just too vital. Can't blame this one on Cousins?

Played well, just going to get (justifiably) laughed at for throwing the ball 3 yards down the field on 4th and 8 to end the game.

• Like 1

Just now, Apparition said:

to me, this is just a bad play call. Why no hot route in the middle of the field?

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1614787776788189186

3 options going deep and Hockenson short.  I guess they liked that matchup and wanted to isolate Hock.  If it was an option route, going inside was probably the better one as you remove the sideline as a defender

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Cousins was fine. He wasn't the reason they lost, of course. But the 4th down play, as someone else said, was just another block in the meme-ability of kirk cousins (throwing short of the sticks on 4th down) 

• Like 1