Chrono Trigger Mafia (Lavos and Magus wins!)

16 minutes ago, Whicker said:

This isn't WAYTA. Usually if I want to hear from someone in a mafia game, especially when they're on the block, it's because I want them to try and convince me 

I'm town. Look how I've played in thread along with my moves. From you thinking I scum slipped, to me playing the time man in thread, to me trying to make Skywind think I was going to cult him, and on and on. Why would I do that if I was scum

14 minutes ago, Whicker said:

If I’m wrong I accept all responsibility 

you are wrong my guy, Ive been transparent about my wincon since day 1, its find then protect Schala

in fact, it doesnt say I have to survive, only Schala, so I could still win if you lynch me lol

As they were just starting to feel unsure of how to proceed with their quest, the party received a tip that someone had been looking for them, and would be waiting for them at the peak of the tallest of the Denadoro Mountains. As they lacked any other leads, they hiked and climbed to the summit to find the familiar face of @Deadpulse- belonging to Magus, the Demon King!

"Ever since Lavos's time portal stranded me in the Middle Agles, I have waited to even the score. You interrupted me just when I had summoned Lavos to my castle. How ironic that, having been drawn into yet another portal, I would end up traveling the ages with you," he began, "Unimaginable is the power of Lavos. Anyone who dares to oppose it meets certain doom. At this rate, you too will meet a hideous fate. Just like that poor fool, Crono!"

"How dare you, this is all your fault!" said a member of the party.

Magus smiled, replying, "He's history! Play with fire and you get burned!" This insult caused the party to draw their weapons.

"You wish to fight me?" he chuckled, "Very well. I never imagined that we would settle our score in this dusty old era. Come, let us finish this charade!"

And with that, the final confrontation between the party and Magus began. Like the first, he was a powerful foe, but with all the experience the party had gained during their travels, they were able to overwhelm him to deliver a fatal blow. With his dying breath, he muttered, "Please... put an end... to... Lavos." The Sight Scope successfully identified him:

Spoiler

Magus
Origin: 12,000 BC (Antiquity)
DyAgsJE.png
"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." - Magus

You are aligned as the Demon King: Ensure that Schala survives until the end of the game. If this objective is failed, you must instead prevent the Lavos and Mystic Army factions from winning the game while surviving until the end of the game. You are not a threat to Earth.

ROLE ABILITIES:
(In general, you may only use one of your role's abilities each night. Day Action abilities are instead used during the day, while Passive abilities are always active.)

• Black Wind: Target a player. If that player is Schala, your alignments and win conditions are revealed to eachother, and you join a private chat with that player.
  • Magic Wall: Target a player to protect that player from being killed during the night. You cannot use this ability two nights in a row.
  • Black Hole: Twice per game, target a player. The following night, that player is killed (even if you are dead or roleblocked that night). That player will be told of their imminent death, and being protected on either night will prevent the player from being killed.

STARTING ITEMS:
(You may use one item at night in addition to one of your role's night actions. Passive items are always active while in the inventory, and need not be used.)

• Scythe (Melee): Target another player. One random action used on you during the night will be redirected to that player. You cannot use this item two nights in a row.

ORIGIN BONUS:
(The first time the game enters your time period of origin at the end of a day, you obtain the following ability. It is not considered a part of your role until then.)

• Dark Mist: Once per game, target another player to receive a report containing their role name. If that player is Schala, your alignments and win conditions are revealed to eachother, and you join a private chat with that player.

Just after the identification, however, a massive red time gate opened at the mountain's peak. Its gravity was so massive that it pulled every through it. For what seemed like hours, the party traveled through the time stream until opening on the other side. The party scrambled quickly to try to figure out what time period they found themselves in now, before realizing in horror that the chronometer read 1999 AD... the precise date of the Day of Lavos!
https://i.imgur.com/LEV9Oaz.gif

They had mere minutes to make their final preparations (until 9:35 PM ET, to be exact), knowing that tomorrow would be the final day of their quest - for better or worse (full details on how this final day works will be revealed at the start of day).

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Black Hole: Twice per game, target a player. The following night, that player is killed (even if you are dead or roleblocked that night). That player will be told of their imminent death, and being protected on either night will prevent the player from being killed.

1 shot huh? *Fart noise*

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Thats what he told me.

That said, i had the wincon right and he obviously wasn't the threat to town we were looking for.

But you “saw” his PM. And no, he still wasn’t honest there. He can win with either as long as you’re alive.