Titans Fire Todd Downing and Keith Carter

615finest

22 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Taylor didn't exactly have a glowing review of Keith Carter here, and it sounds like Downing knew he'd be gone at the end of the year.

Well I can see why we have injuries if Taylor is saying the practices are hard and wear on the body towards the end of the season.

Sounds like we definitely need a philosophy change for practices along with a new strength and conditioning coach

• Like 1

with guys like chig/burks who are def threats to motion out of backfield ... how did we never draw something like this up? Like I'm not gonna sit here and act like I'm an Xs and Os expert...but this doesn't look like any overly-complicated Kyle Shanahan ish. This is just an obvious and seemingly simple way to get a playmaker open

18 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

with guys like chig/burks who are def threats to motion out of backfield ... how did we never draw something like this up? Like I'm not gonna sit here and act like I'm an Xs and Os expert...but this doesn't look like any overly-complicated Kyle Shanahan ish. This is just an obvious and seemingly simple way to get a playmaker open

I think we did something very similar to this against the eagles, but Woods was the guy in motion. I think Chig got a catch off of it though. But yea, few and far between or close to never. God forbid you give your guy an advantage but letting him get moving.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Just a busted coverage. The receiver that was originally the 1 to that side now becomes the 2 and the one of the DBs doesn't take the right guy.

15 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Can’t it also be a good and creative play design?

(yes it can)

downing's problem was much more playcalling than play design, imo. you can pull up almost any titans game and find neat passing concepts designed to get guys open. we just were too busy smashing derrick henry into a wall and creating insurmountable 3rd and longs to run that many of them

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

downing's problem was much more playcalling than play design, imo. you can pull up almost any titans game and find neat passing concepts designed to get guys open. we just were too busy smashing derrick henry into a wall and creating insurmountable 3rd and longs to run that many of them

this actually jogged my memory that james foster did a video early on in the season basically coming to the same conclusion. it's almost easy to forget because anything before the collapse feels like years ago lol, but at the start of the season before the injuries and whatnot we were actually having a lot of success on early drives w/ scripted plays and whatnot, then things would implode once downing actually had to call the game independently of the opening scripts and adjust to what the defense was doing. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this actually jogged my memory that james foster did a video early on in the season basically coming to the same conclusion. it's almost easy to forget because anything before the collapse feels like years ago lol, but at the start of the season before the injuries and whatnot we were actually having a lot of success on early drives w/ scripted plays and whatnot, then things would implode once downing actually had to call the game independently of the opening scripts and adjust to what the defense was doing. 

i choose to believe this is all dennis kelly

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

Rumor was that it was Tim Kelly scripting those plays, so hopefully that’s true. 

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Can’t it also be a good and creative play design?

(yes it can)

Sure it can, but I don't really see that as relevant when it's just a horrible busted coverage. I don't think sending a WR in motion is that sophisticated here.