Titans Fire Todd Downing and Keith Carter

615finest

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

He knows he's not coming back. I think he's embracing life after football. He's taken to social media for things players generally don't lately.

My first thought when I saw this is that the players clearly didn’t have passionate feelings about either Downing or Carter if this is the reaction.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

My first thought when I saw this is that the players clearly didn’t have passionate feelings about either Downing or Carter if this is the reaction.

eh, lewan has praised carter effusively in the past. he said he wanted him to be promoted to OC when arthur smith left.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

eh, lewan has praised carter effusively in the past. he said he wanted him to be promoted to OC when arthur smith left.

That’s probably fair. Might just be Lewan starting that chase towards the McAfee career. But I know they weren’t exactly on the best of terms early, though it looked like they turned it around post-Arthur.

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'd go heavily after Frank Reich only if he promises to bring an assistant or two, someone to groom for when he eventually leaves after we become a great offense again.

Only if he starts with an apology for January 3rd, 1993 and an admission that the refs missed Don Beebe being out of bounds on the touchdown so the Oilers are the rightful victors. 

Then we’ll talk. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 615finest said:

More staff cuts 👀👀.. I wonder who

i wouldn't mind seeing aukerman walk, tbh. i also think there are still position coaches like pat o'hara who might get replaced if the new OC has a better suggestion for QB coach, for example.