Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Just voted “no” on a poll asking if the bears would make the playoffs this year. The results showed 80% yes. Fans are in for a rude awakening. 

I think 80% is overconfident for sure, but if they have a good draft and get some impact players on the DL, I'd have them as a darkhorse playoff candidate.  I think it was like 7 games last year were lost by 1 score, and they were almost always competitive, even in losses.  This is not going to be a super bowl caliber team, but I could see them finishing 9-8 and making it in because of a weak division and conference.

4 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

I think 80% is overconfident for sure, but if they have a good draft and get some impact players on the DL, I'd have them as a darkhorse playoff candidate.  I think it was like 7 games last year were lost by 1 score, and they were almost always competitive, even in losses.  This is not going to be a super bowl caliber team, but I could see them finishing 9-8 and making it in because of a weak division and conference.

I don't know that our division is that weak next year.

Detroit has two first round picks to yet add to mix and they get their number 1 draft WR who was hurt most of last year in addition to Montgomery behind a good OL.

They will definitely be better.  

GB is still pretty loaded on defense on paper and their young WRs looked better at end of year.  Love is the wild card there.  Their defense underperformed last year.   It could bounce back this year.  

MN is pretty much running it back again and they added Davenport to boot.  He could be good.

We are already better than last year before draft.   We added a plus G, two plus LBs, a plus WR and two new DL starters that aren't plus, but better than what we had last year.   

That's 6 new starters.   4 of which are really good players.   A good RB was added too and another for depth, but I see that as more of a sideways move.  

Should be interesting.  

“The Bears need to get Austin Ekeler, even if it means parting with substantial draft capital, and then sign him to a long term deal” 

dear god I’m thankful the bears aren’t run by heavy.com writers 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

“The Bears need to get Austin Ekeler, even if it means parting with substantial draft capital, and then sign him to a long term deal” 

dear god I’m thankful the bears aren’t run by heavy.com writers 

FWIW, Khalil Herbert has played in 6 games with more than 30 offensive snaps in his 2 year career to this point. In those 6 games his combined rushing stat line is 117/578/3 (4.94 ypc), and now he’s our presumed RB1. 

I’ve gotta say, after winning a fourth consecutive super bowl in my madden franchise, Justin Fields’ somber moment with the Lombardi trophy after the game seems a little disingenuous 

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Just got done visiting the wife. She is coming home this week! Doctors said she's doing exceptional and will set up therapy and follow ups for her before she gets discharged. 

Great news!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 1:06 PM, Ty21 said:

Just voted “no” on a poll asking if the bears would make the playoffs this year. The results showed 80% yes. Fans are in for a rude awakening. 

We have what is shaping up to be a bad to medicore OL.

We will likely have the worst or one of the worst DLs in the league.

8-9 wins would be good with the lack of investment in the trenches.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Still have the draft and a number of free agents who could make an impact are still available.  As the roster sits now, things don't look great in the trenches, thats for sure.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Mc14 GIF by MasterChefAU