Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yup.   We aren't that brave.

Nah.  I just wanted to do it before FA and all that started.  It's dead for me,  I don't have anyone on the block or really looking to make any moves.  Easier to do it now, than in the middle of FA.   

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Having an elite #1 helps a young QB tremendously, we've seen it with Hurts/Brown, Allen/Diggs, Tua/Tyreek, etc. 

You don't need one to have a good offense but it definitely helps a lot when you have a young, developing QB.

Granted, he isn't as proven as those WRs but he is an ascending product for that role.  Good gamble there.

Just now, ny92mike said:

I'm going to try to fix these APY values after this round.

Was soo rushed in getting that done that I really made a mess of it.

I liked it before you "fixed" one player I was bidding on.

I assume I wasn't the only one that thought his APY was a steal.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Pittman is a good player, but this sets up where all your starting WRs:  Pittman, Claypool and Mooney all hit FA at same time and immediately following next season (without extensions now).  

I wasn't aware were done with the mock

I'd rather have held out for more picks or even traded lower in draft.  Bears could sign them all now, but it wouldn't be a good balance of resources going forward.  

I wasn't aware were done with the mock

Better to have a rookie in mix with two vets.   

You think there are better WR than Pittman in this draft clas

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

I'm going to try to fix these APY values after this round.

Was soo rushed in getting that done that I really made a mess of it.

Wasn't complaining lol.     I think it will be fun to watch the madness on how that unfolds,  and how many get multiple offers..  / people flipping to others cuz some have 4-5 offers.

Just now, Daniel said:

I liked it before you "fixed" one player I was bidding on.

I assume I wasn't the only one that thought his APY was a steal.

Finally have the time to start looking at where things went wrong with the APY value generator, for lack of a better term.

Is in the past I did past 3 years of stats and would take the highest value of those 3 seasons.  This year I just used this past season to generate the grades.  This and profootball focus has made it virtually impossible to collect bulk data, so it missed several names when I did the pull.

Guaranteed to have it figured out for next season.

• Like 1

Just now, ny92mike said:

Finally have the time to start looking at where things went wrong with the APY value generator, for lack of a better term.

Is in the past I did past 3 years of stats and would take the highest value of those 3 seasons.  This year I just used this past season to generate the grades.  This and profootball focus has made it virtually impossible to collect bulk data, so it missed several names when I did the pull.

Guaranteed to have it figured out for next season.

There's too many players to go through all of them, and the market fixes itself on most.  If the APY is too high, no one bids.  If it's too low, there's a bidding war.

I'm just pissy I don't get to have a chance to sign Chark for next to nothing.