@NYRaider

@RTTRUTH

@ovfd55

@downundermike

@Iggles25

@Humble_Beast

@Freebirdsrams

@BucsDraftGeek47

We missed you @BucsDraftGeek47 so hopefully you haven't left us.  If so please let @Deadpulse or myself know so we can find a replacement.  Thanks man.

As for the other new guys, let me know what you thought about the first round of bidding.  I know it's a lot to figure out and I appreciate your patience with it all, you guys have been awesome with this.  Think this is the first year we've had so many new GM's.

Any suggestions for improvements post them in the suggestions thread.

Thanks guys this mock couldn't happen without you guys.

nope no leaving, just dont have a ton of cap room anyways so i was going to stay out of the 1st wave of FAs 

• Like 1

Now that I know how the reserve bidding works, can someone explain what the point of it is?  Why not just choose to re-sign or not?  Had I know I wouldn't have actually re-signed my players in the reserve bidding I wouldn't have used it, and now there's a good chance I'm going to lose my guys in the second wave.  It's a little frustrating TBH.

2 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Now that I know how the reserve bidding works, can someone explain what the point of it is?  Why not just choose to re-sign or not?  Had I know I wouldn't have actually re-signed my players in the reserve bidding I wouldn't have used it, and now there's a good chance I'm going to lose my guys in the second wave.  It's a little frustrating TBH.

Basically if there's more than one guy on your team you want to resign, it allows you the opportunity to possibly get more than one guy to come back at a time if you win the reserve bid

edit

Think of it this way.  you got 4 guys from your team you want to bring back but can only fit one in your office to sign at a time.  All the other teams can talk to the guys in your hallway if they want to.  However, if you put a reserve bid on a guy, they'll stick their head in the office and see what you're offering before they leave

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Basically if there's more than one guy on your team you want to resign, it allows you the opportunity to possibly get more than one guy to come back at a time if you win the reserve bid

edit

Think of it this way.  you got 4 guys from your team you want to bring back but can only fit one in your office to sign at a time.  All the other teams can talk to the guys in your hallway if they want to.  However, if you put a reserve bid on a guy, they'll stick their head in the office and see what you're offering before they leave

I guess I just completely misunderstood how it worked.  I wanted to bring the guys back and should have re-signed them in the UFA tab, but thought that's what I was doing in the reserve tab.

What's the difference between winning the reserve bid or winning the re-sign bid?

nothing.  Basically they both come back to your squad.  However, by limiting it to one resign per round, it allows other teams to have a chance at your player rather than everyone getting swooped out of free agency in stage one and two

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

nothing.  Basically they both come back to your squad.  However, by limiting it to one resign per round, it allows other teams to have a chance at your player rather than everyone getting swooped out of free agency in stage one and two

So I can only re-sign one player per round?  JFC.

1 minute ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I guess I just completely misunderstood how it worked.  I wanted to bring the guys back and should have re-signed them in the UFA tab, but thought that's what I was doing in the reserve tab.

here's a simplet way to view it.  Resign tab your guaranteed to offer that to the player in the current round.  Reserve is you only offer that exact contract in this round if someone else talks to them (the office example)

40 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

also upset I dont have enough cash to bid on Azeez Al-Shaiir or Vander Esch, imo those guys will be good in a new town

Buffalo being tight against the cap, could not afford to bring back Jordan Poyer or Tremaine Edmunds.

Happy I was able to replace Edmunds with Vander Esch.

So I can only re-sign one player per round?  JFC.

no, you have 4 regular slots and one resign only slot.  You can use your 4 other slots on resign if you want to.  you have a max of 5 regular(non reserve) bids per round

Edited by bcb1213