Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Hi this is me. I am available to run the Pats draft if you still need someone.

I sent you a message, I need to get your email so that I can give you editing rights to the workbook.  Normally I wouldn't need this but you aren't the original person I sent it to so I have to prevent them from editing for whatever reason.

Just send it to me through the message I sent.  

Thank you sir.

Just now, ny92mike said:

I got rid of cable.  How can I watch it?

you can see clips of relevant players on twitter like search CJ Stroud on twitter then click video. I dunno for like a full video replay type thing.

Raiders recap so far:

Resigned: Jarrett Stidham, Ameer Abdullah, Andrew Billings, Denzel Perryman, Jayon Brown, Rock Ya-Sin, Duron Harmon

Losses: Derek Carr, Andre James, Foster Moreau, Clelin Ferrell, Jermaine Eluemunor, Brandon Parker, Jakob Johnson, Bilal Nichols

Additions

Offense: Mac Jones, Keith Smith, Jalen Guyton, Pharaoh Brown, Nate Davis, Trai Turner, Jon Feliciano, Isaiah Wynn

Defense: Da'Ron Payne, Solomon Thomas, Jihad Ward, Anthony Barr, Byron Murphy, Anthony Brown, Jamal Adams, Logan Ryan

Summary

We were able to trade away an expensive veteran QB in Carr while also adding a young QB on a rookie deal in Jones that gave us the ability to be aggressive addressing other parts of the roster. We aggressively rebuilt the offensive line adding new starters in Nate Davis, Trai Turner, and Isaiah Wynn while also adding good veteran depth in Pugh/Feliciano. Our defense also needed a major overhaul and we were able to retain some key guys (Billings, Perryman, Ya-Sin, Harmon) while also adding talent and depth at all three levels. On the defensive line we were able to land an elite DT in Da'Ron Payne and also added some veteran depth in Solomon Thomas and Jihad Ward. At LB we resigned Perryman/Brown and added Anthony Barr who we plan to use at SLB and in more pass rushing situations. And while we added a lot of talent across the roster, our secondary is probably our most improved unit. We were able to retain key guys in Rock Ya-Sin/Duron Harmon while also adding Byron Murphy, Jamal Adams, Logan Ryan, and Anthony Brown. We have a ton of versatility in the secondary and 9 DBs that we feel comfortable playing. Going into the draft we have some positions we can upgrade but we don't have any glaring holes that will force us to reach for need.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Just to double check... the rookie pool is pre-calculated into our cap space right? Like my first rounder isn't going to cause me to cut Ridley to fit him into my $200k of cap right?

Rookie pool is calculated no need to worry about it.  Only thing that might put you in the red is if you traded picks that increased that amount 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Just to double check... the rookie pool is pre-calculated into our cap space right? Like my first rounder isn't going to cause me to cut Ridley to fit him into my $200k of cap right?

I believe it is.  On your team work book, the sum of the cap number column ( cell W8) ... goes from row 11 to row 240ish.  If you scroll down to that 240 range it should have your draft picks salary and cap charge info

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I believe it is.  On your team work book, the sum of the cap number column ( cell W8) ... goes from row 11 to row 240ish.  If you scroll down to that 240 range it should have your draft picks salary and cap charge info

Thanks for that pro tip.  Never knew that was there.