Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

52 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I don't agree with limiting the number of players that can be restructured/extended or how the restructure allotments are determined.  I think that is a far easier discussion and item that could be changed

I do agree with the limits on restructures. Otherwise, since this is a 1 year simulation, a GM could restructure almost everyone on the roster above vet min and add beaucoup cap space. They wouldn't do that in real life because they hope to keep their jobs beyond the current season so it should be restricted in the mock as well.

• Like 1

@ny92mike

So far I gathered today.

• @NYRaider  Wants to make sure that he still has Carr legally.
  • Resign Bid is free of competition or has to outbid others in order to re-sign.  I ask because I may told @Forge wrong. 
  • Save your energy not to talk about base salary conversion into contract extension as many of us are passively fine with the way it is done.  Tag @MKnight82 for any further discussion after TCMD is done.
  • I thought trade is open now.  Correct?

My volunteer time expired.  Grade my work. lol.

Edited by JetsandI

34 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I do agree with the limits on restructures. Otherwise, since this is a 1 year simulation, a GM could restructure almost everyone on the roster above vet min and add beaucoup cap space. They wouldn't do that in real life because they hope to keep their jobs beyond the current season so it should be restricted in the mock as well.

I don't think it should be unlimited.  But having both a limit on the number of players AND the amount that can be restructured seems like overdoing it.  

Teams set up contracts specifically with the intent to restructure them in upcoming seasons.

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

=if(iserror(if(D16=true,IF(F12<=5,F16/F12,F16/5),"")),"",if(D16=true,IF(F12<=5,F16/F12,F16/5),""))

I'll check it out.

It should be dividing by 5 if the contract length is greater than 5.  Can't spread prorated amount out more than 5 years.